An automated paint shaker

Started by Norm, 29 December 2020, 07:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

I am using a nail varnish shaker to shake up my Vallejo dropper bottles. Photos on the blog.

Link
http://battlefieldswarriors.blogspot.com/2020/12/a-paint-shaker.html

Scorpio_Rocks

You should start marketing them (sprayed a suitable Olive Drab for gamers) - I can see them shooting off the shelves.

Brilliant!
"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.

fred.

Sounds great. I've been looking at lab vortex mixers for a while, but have been put off by size and cost. So I will have a look at these as an option, as there always seem to be some paints that refuse to mix!
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

paulr

Good to hear it works :)

Sounds much safer than using an electric saw :o X_X
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Orcs

Looks interesting. Not sure where I would put it, despite having a small dining table as my painting table.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Ben Waterhouse

I've got one, it is very good, especially if you put one of those little balls in the paint pot.

Best Ben
Arma Pacis Fulcra

Big Insect

I'll be adding one to my 2021 wish list - that Desert Yellow (& German Grey-Green) issue has been driving me nuts for a while  :D

Many thanks - a 'star' suggestion
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Orcs

More to the point Norm, whats it like with your nail varnish? :)

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Norm

Thanks all, have a Great New Year. works great on nail varnish.

Orcs

Quote from: Norm on 01 January 2021, 07:01:31 AM
Thanks all, have a Great New Year. works great on nail varnish.

I wonder if I could get away with buying one for Mrs Orcs for her birthday them using it myself ?    ;)

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno II

Nothing wrong with nail varnish  :P.

I have used it in the past, to seal the bottom of three of the nails on my right hand.....For some unknown reason.....(Probably using Green Stuff 52 weeks of the year)....I've destroyed the cuticles on those three fingers and I constantly get whitlows.

Before anyone asks......I use CLEAR varnish.

(I've also got packets and packets of clear false nails, to stick on with 'superglue' if a nail gets so b*ggered it's ready to snap off at the base.)

Cheers - Phil :D

steve_holmes_11

Nail Varnish Shaker ...
I never knew there was such a thing.

Jolly clever these Americans.

Noktu

I've got one of these aswell. Think I ordered it from wish.com.

Do note that the machine makes an awful noise, so brace yourselves for the cats will be jumpy!