Gmail problems ?

Started by Techno II, 14 December 2020, 12:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno II

Anyone else having problems with Gmail, at the mo' ?

It's talking a load of round spherical things.....and not recognising my addy......I don't even get the chance to log in.

PLEASE don't let me have to use my hotmail a/c.

Phil X_X

Techno II

I've just had a check......They've got problems.  =)

Cheers - Phil.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Mine loaded just now, had to change my password though, and the help centre wasn't helpful at all.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno II

Are they ever, Ian  ;) =)

It does seem to be back working now.
Bet that was a 'hack'.

I await a load more spam 'poop' in the next few days/weeks/months/years.

I didn't have to change my password......Maybe I should....Immediately.

Cheers - Phil

World wide Phil. No you wont neefd to change, my stored password was not recognised. I have started writing them down these days

Techno II

You and me both, Ian. ;D ;D ;D ;D

But I've changed it, anyway. ;)

Bet I'll forget why it won't let me log in later today.....Or tomorrow.

Cheers - Phil. :)

If possible get your broswer to store the user ID/Password combination for you. Also - very insecure but at least 1 IT professional does it, use same password for all apps.

Techno II

I just write them all in a book, Ian.  ;D ;D

(There really aren't that many, to be honest.)

Cheers - Technophobic Man (As opposed to my superhero moniker.) ;D

mmcv

Issue lay with their authentication system I believe, so anything that required a Google login failed.

Storing passwords in the browser isn't too bad so long as you have a secure device, though best using something like the plugin Lastpass to be even more secure. It can randomly generate passwords for you - I only know one or two actual passwords for my personal stuff, everything else is random in Lastpass.

Writing them down isn't super secure, but probably not a huge concern unless you get broken into and physically have it stolen.

Using the same password for everything though is a recipe for disaster! I'd strongly strongly recommend that you pick some unique passwords for particularly important things at the very least (e.g. email, google, Pendraken). Preferably very complicated ones.

hammurabi70

Quote from: Techno II on 14 December 2020, 05:31:36 PM

(There really aren't that many, to be honest.)

Really!!??  :-  Mine extend to more than three A4 pages and continues to grow.  A nightmare of software and hardware security.