Extra WWII codes!

Started by Leon, 21 December 2020, 04:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

We've got a few WWII additions ready, just to fill a couple of gaps in the ranges!

WWII
British - https://pendraken.co.uk/world-war-ii/british/
BRF59   4.2" mortar with crew (3 teams)   £1.85
BRV33   Churchill I   £3.30

French - https://pendraken.co.uk/world-war-ii/french/
FRE64   Anti-tank rifle, prone (10)   £1.85
FRE65   Anti-tank rifle, walking (5)   £1.00

And the pics!

There'll be a few more bits later tonight, in bigger scales and MDF... 
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fred.

Some handy additions there.

I thought the 4.2" mortar looked huge, but from a quick google it was huge!

Firing or walking French AT rifles, hmmm?
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Steve J

sultanbev

"Firing or walking French AT rifles, hmmm?"
Aye, the French ordered 500 Boys in return for the 25mm ATG they gave the BEF, but only received 48 of them, used by select GRDI and GRCA corps recce units. The paras received some in June 1940.
However I've used these for my 1940-42 Turkish army, as the early war Turks wore French style uniforms. Even when the British and French armies were short of weapons, we managed to send the Turks loads of weapons in 1939-1940.

Mark

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fsn

Oooooh! Churchill I.

Didi they do owt except Dieppe?

Tunisia mebbe?

Oh, I'm definitely getting some ... it's just knowing where to use them.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

sultanbev

Is a Mk.1 ? I can't see the bow 3" howitzer in the photo.

Mark

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Churchill I's, training only, at Deippe they were III's. The II's, with 2pdr in the hull and 3" in the turret were sent to Tunisia due to a shortage on V's, and were replaced as soon as possible.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

fsn

Definitely Churchill I's at Dieppe.

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

Leon

I'll check with Dave on that, I can't see the howitzer in the photo either.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

sultanbev

If it's just the bow MG instead of the howitzer, then it becomes a Churchill Mk.2.

The Churchill Mk.IICS is an unusual variant, that saw limited service, as it had the 3" howitzer in the turret and the 2pdr in the hull.
An even odder version was the Mk.ICS which was still in use in Italy, it had 3" howitzers in both the hull and turret.

See for example The British Armies in WW2 an Organisational History Volume 4, David Hughes, DA Ryan, S Rothwell, Nafziger (2002) ISBN 1-58545-085-5
Page 10 mentions 21st Tank brigade having 12x Churchill I CS in March 1943
Page 11 shows 12th RTR still with 6x Churchill I CS in Sept 1943
Page 12 25th Tank Brigade's 51st RTR had 6x Churchill I CS in Feb 1943

Mark

fsn

22 December 2020, 10:44:50 AM #11 Last Edit: 22 December 2020, 10:48:30 AM by fsn
Ah! Ok, the Churchill I had a 2pdr in the turret and a 3" howitzer in the hull. The Churchill II  had  the armament the other way round. However after some 300 Churchill I's had been produce, they ran out of 3" howitzers so began to produce Mk I's with a Besa in the hull. In some references this is called the Churchill II.  (David Fletcher calls it this in his Battle Tanks so I'll go with him.)

If you call the model a Churchill II, I think that would be acceptable.

John Cook

The only question I would ask is why produce two obscure items that saw limited use when the Italian range, for example, has had no artillery for as long as I can remember. 

No pleasing some people John. Also until early 45 and the appearance of Cent's the British forces used Roman numerals for their various marks so Chirchill 2 should be Churchill II.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Orcs

Quote from: John Cook on 22 December 2020, 11:54:11 AM
The only question I would ask is why produce two obscure items that saw limited use when the Italian range, for example, has had no artillery for as long as I can remember. 
I agree John. Rather get the basic ranges complete than the obscure items. eg the Panzer lll H.  While the pending Panzer lll H has some small external  differences, to the  Pzlll F, I don't think these are very obvious on a 10mm scale vehicle even close up let alone on the table top
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson