Liberate The Temple - a remote random fantasy bash.

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 16 December 2020, 09:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

In these feverish grey days of madness, it's one step beyond our house to get a game, so last week I gathered remotely some of the guys at the house of fun and on the wings of a dove we played a fantasy game, based around One Hour Wargames. One better day I will be driving in my car without embarressment to play real people, but that is one step beyond madness, so until then it is still the prince of games.
Anyway, the report is here:-
https://madlemmey.blogspot.com/2020/12/liberate-temple-remote-fantasy-adventure.html
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

flamingpig0

Quote from: mad lemmey on 16 December 2020, 09:53:23 AM
In these feverish grey days of madness, it's one step beyond our house to get a game, so last week I gathered remotely some of the guys at the house of fun and on the wings of a dove we played a fantasy game, based around One Hour Wargames. One better day I will be driving in my car without embarressment to play real people, but that is one step beyond madness, so until then it is still the prince of games.
Anyway, the report is here:-
https://madlemmey.blogspot.com/2020/12/liberate-temple-remote-fantasy-adventure.html

Brill!

Would the one hour system work for scif skirmish games? I am looking for a simple fun system to make sue of the old minifgs weird sci fi figs i and a friend have
"I like coffee exceedingly..."
 H.P. Lovecraft

"We don't want your stupid tanks!" 
Salah Askar,

My six degrees of separation includes Osama Bin Laden, Hitler, and Wendy James

Raider4

Quote from: flamingpig0 on 16 December 2020, 10:15:14 AM
Would the one hour system work for scif skirmish games? I am looking for a simple fun system to make sue of the old minifgs weird sci fi figs i and a friend have

Don't know about OHW, but there's Grimdark Future: Firefight from One Page Rules, or Chain Reaction 2015 from Two Hour Wargames?

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: flamingpig0 on 16 December 2020, 10:15:14 AM
Brill!

Thanks.
Yes, easily.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

mmcv

Good rumble, though all those apostrophes must have been a right pain in the throat

Techno II

flamingpig0

Quote from: mad lemmey on 16 December 2020, 10:43:08 AM
Thanks.
Yes, easily.

Are you using One-hour Skirmish Wargames by John Lambshead  or One-Hour Wargames by Neil Thomas?
"I like coffee exceedingly..."
 H.P. Lovecraft

"We don't want your stupid tanks!" 
Salah Askar,

My six degrees of separation includes Osama Bin Laden, Hitler, and Wendy James

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Looks like Lambshead, as he's just praised my report on faceache *fangirlsqueal* 🤩

sunjester

Steve J

Great game Will and I loved the rubber duck on the table :).

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Techno II

Quote from: Steve J on 16 December 2020, 02:46:53 PM
Great game Will and I loved the rubber duck on the table :).

One's never alone with a rubber duck.....(Though shouldn't it be yellow ?)  ;)

Cheers - Phil

fsn

;D ;D ;D
This is very silly. Fantastic. Great fun. I love the names. The apostrophe is under valued IMHO.

I still have some of those dungeon tiles somewhere.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

'xc'll'nt ''R 'nd gr''t l''k'ng s't 'p!

L'ts 'f f'n!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Duke Speedy of Leighton