Show Dates 2021!

Started by Leon, 15 December 2020, 09:52:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

Given I've had my first jab which doesn't appear to have produced any antibodies, I doubt very much I will feel safe going to a show this year, which is a real shame as I was looking forward to possibly attending Colours :(.

Techno II

Steve ;)....Even when myself and the good Von, have had our second jabs.....We'll both be going to keep wearing masks, and wearing disposable gloves for a good few months.

There are still a number of complete dockheads (sic) about....even over here. X_X......Though they really are in the minority.....Fortunately !

Cheers - Phil. :)

Leon

There's so much to consider for running an event right now that I can't even start to think about it for Battleground.  There's Covid passports, face masks to be enforced, social distancing to build into layouts, potential for reduced numbers to due to Covid anxiety, further outbreaks/strains that cause further friction, event insurance for a large gathering.  And then the small chance that someone at the event has Covid and passes it to other attendees.  I couldn't face potentially infecting people through my event.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leon

I've just updated the list to show the cancelled Hammerhead, Claymore, Colours and Border Reiver.  Our next event if Covid allows, will be Carronade in Falkirk on September 25th.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Wont be there - Falkirk is a bit far for me
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: Leon on 25 July 2021, 12:34:14 PM
I've just updated the list to show the cancelled Hammerhead, Claymore, Colours and Border Reiver.  Our next event if Covid allows, will be Carronade in Falkirk on September 25th.

Carronade is my favourite.
But I'm struggling to reconcile the twisty corridors of Graeme High School with any form of social distancing.

So looking forward to it, double jabbed, but still a bit nervous.

Ithoriel

Carronade is my second favourite after Claymore and just ahead of Joy of Six but I'm not expecting to go until next year, at the earliest.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Well JoS is virtual this year.

Ithoriel

It was indeed and a brave effort was made but it wasn't a patch on the analogue version.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Well hopfully for next year !

Ithoriel

What's the wargames equivalent of "Next year in Jerusalem"?  :)

fsn

"After I finish this project"?
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Quote from: fsn on 26 July 2021, 01:52:40 PM
"After I finish this project"?

You finish projects !!!!

Leon

I'm not sure we'll see Carronade either.  I think the current event restrictions are 400 people max so will those still be in place in September?  Running those numbers, if Carronade gets 600-700 visitors but there's 120-150 traders and gamers already in there, you'd need to either run a '1 in / 1 out' system, or split the visitors down into 3 batches.  Plus the canteen and central halls are both always a bottle neck and you'd never be able to socially distance them without removing all of the games.

fsn

Quote from: Lord Kermit of Birkenhead on 26 July 2021, 02:05:17 PM
You finish projects !!!!
Certainly. I have finished some projects several times.

It's like a friend of mine used to say about smoking: "It is easy to give up smoking. I have done it several times."
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!