Show Dates 2021!

Started by Leon, 15 December 2020, 09:52:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

15 December 2020, 09:52:40 PM Last Edit: 12 September 2021, 11:54:36 PM by Leon
With the continuing pandemic I thought it would be useful to list any cancelled/postponed shows as we hear about them, so I'll list them below as we get more info.

February
Vapnartak, York - Cancelled for 2021, back in 2022.

March
WMMS, Wolverhampton - Cancelled for 2021, back in 2022.
Hammerhead, Newark - Cancelled for 2021, back in 2022.

April
Salute, London - Rescheduled for Nov, see below.

May
Carronade, Falkirk - Rescheduled for Sept, see below.

June
Broadside, Sittingbourne - Rescheduled for Dec, see below.
Phalanx, St Helens - Cancelled for 2021, back in 2022.
Glasgow Games Gathering - Cancelled for 2021, back in 2022.

July
Hammerhead, Newark - Rescheduled date cancelled for 2021, back in 2022.

August
Claymore, Edinburgh - Cancelled for 2021, back in 2022.

September
Border Reiver, Newcastle - Cancelled for 2021, back in 2022.
Colours, Newbury - Cancelled for 2021, back in 2022.
Carronade, Falkirk - Scheduled for Sat 25th (Rescheduled from May)

October
Partizan, Newark - Scheduled for Sun 10th
Fiasco, Leeds - Scheduled for Sun 31st

November
Salute, London - Scheduled for Sat 13th (Rescheduled from April)
Battleground, Stockton-on-Tees - Scheduled for 20th Nov
Warfare, Ascot - Scheduled for 27th/28th Nov

December
Broadside, Sittingbourne - Scheduled for Sat 4th (Rescheduled from June) - We won't be attending this revised date.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Lucky that there are any shows at all !
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

sean66

I'll be surprised if any of the above shows go ahead.
I think lack of testing and injections might make it too risky  :-
not sure about Insurance as well might be to costly
regards
Sean

hammurabi70

Quote from: Leon on 15 December 2020, 09:52:40 PM
With the continuing pandemic I thought it would be useful to list any cancelled/postponed shows as we hear about them, so I'll list them below as we get more info.

Great idea! I heard this week that SALUTE had been cancelled but have traders had no news as yet?

steve_holmes_11

I'm interested in attending the Scottish shows - provided I've received the vaccine.

Leon

Quote from: hammurabi70 on 16 December 2020, 10:37:26 AM
Great idea! I heard this week that SALUTE had been cancelled but have traders had no news as yet?

We've not had any info yet and they're still selling tickets for the April 10th date online.  I can't see it going ahead but I can understand that the Warlords have to wait for the ExCeL to make the decision.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

jimduncanuk

Quote from: steve_holmes_11 on 16 December 2020, 11:27:18 AM

I'm interested in attending the Scottish shows - provided I've received the vaccine.

I would think that Claymore in August is a bit ambitious unless concessions are made because of the Edinburgh festivals.

Carronade in September is a bit more likely but still risky.

There are also a couple of smaller Scottish shows usually in October and November but again still a bit of a risk.
My Ego forbids a signature.

Orcs

16 December 2020, 08:14:49 PM #7 Last Edit: 16 December 2020, 09:43:09 PM by Orcs
Its going to be very interesting to see what the footfall is on the shows when they are allowed.

They could be up because everybody is fed up of staying in. They could be down because every one is still being careful, or more worryingly they could be down because people have got used to buying online.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Steve J

I will only be able to attend once all of my family has ben vaccinated, due to our son being clinically extremely vulnerable. He is currently around 5th in the list, but no news on when he will get the jab. To be honest I'll be amazed if I can attend a show next year and feel safe and enjoy the experience, given the normal cheek by jowl jostle of Colours.

Orcs

Quote from: Steve J on 16 December 2020, 09:39:22 PM
To be honest I'll be amazed if I can attend a show next year and feel safe and enjoy the experience, given the normal cheek by jowl jostle of Colours.

Yes, while the vaccine is available, we still do not know enough about it, how long it will last etc.   just because you have been vaccinated you are far less likely to catch it, but you could still pass it on from being on your clothes etc.

I am certainly not going to be rushing to attend shows. And when I dp it will be a small local one first to see what its like.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Leon

Quote from: Orcs on 16 December 2020, 08:14:49 PM
Its going to be very interesting to see what the footfall is on the shows when they are allowed.

They could be up because everybody is fed up of staying in. They could be down because every one is still being careful, or more worryingly they could be down because people have got used to buying online.

We've been wondering that as well, the two sides may cancel each other out and we'll see the same numbers but I do worry that a lot of people will have realised that they can get all of their goodies online and they don't need to risk travelling, as well as paying for parking and food, etc.

Ithoriel

Those who come to shows to buy and leave may be less willing to attend.

Those who come to meet up with like minded fellows, to get inspirations from the games put on and to bend the ears of their favourite traders in an attempt to nudge their "must have" to the top of the production queue might be more inclined to make the effort, perhaps?
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

jimduncanuk

I tend to buy and leave but not before I've spoken to a fair few people, yourself included.
My Ego forbids a signature.

sean66

Being in Germany theres only two shows I try and get to
Tactica in Hamburg is on in Feb/March so I think that'll be off this year.
Crisis in Antwerp which is normally in November so might be good for next year.
but I do buy a lot of my stuff off the Internet (but that could be also down this year due to Brexit will depend on how much the tarrifs will be)
I Drove back to UK earlier this year (when all the Covid restrictions were lifted) and brought as lot of my unpainted figures back
so I have enough to do (nearly 3,000 Pendraken 10mm  :o) that should keep me busy. ;D
Regards
Sean

Leon

Quote from: sean66 on 17 December 2020, 09:32:37 AM
Crisis in Antwerp which is normally in November so might be good for next year.

Crisis will be an interesting one as most of the UK traders I speak to don't think they'll be going anymore post-Brexit.  The added paperwork, Customs charges on whatever they sell, plus delays on travel times will make it a lot more difficult.