Payback

Started by FierceKitty, 14 December 2020, 10:48:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

My losing streak has ended, I am pleased to record. Reassured by the victory of Publius Parvus Naso in single combat against King Brennus, the Romans maintained a calm and steady line that held firm for most of the battle. If you blunt their first mad charge, Gauls are fluffy kittens and nothing to be feared.

Much of the action involved a converging Gallic pincer against my equites; fortunately these had some light velites in support to hold off the force on the left, and triarii on the right; these got a bit mauled, but stood their ground. The chariots in the centre, light troops against heavy, didn't distinguish themselves.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

FierceKitty

The velites sacrificed themselves heroically to cover the flank of the victorious cavalry. Not a vain move; the Gaulish horse were the next victims of the Roman horse, after the carts got a deserved lesson in the folly of hanging onto obsolete technology.

FierceKitty

The steady Xth legion (fidelis) held, pushed back, and broke the tribes facing them; the issue was never in real doubt on this flank.

Raider4

Quote from: FierceKitty on 14 December 2020, 10:48:09 AM
. . . Gauls are fluffy kittens and nothing to be feared.

Urgh, fluffy kittens are very much to be feared. Needle-sharp teeth and razor claws will soon make you afraid, very afraid. Especially when they go straight up your leg, up your back and perch on your shoulder.

FierceKitty

Mailshirts and a testudo formation help a bit.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Musta visited a crossroads at midnight  :d
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno II

Nice one, Alexander....Congratulations !!  :-bd

Cheers - Phil.

FierceKitty

Dave Fielder

I always thought chariots were cutting edge! Was it Chinese tech that made them obsolete?
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

Steve J

Very nice Alexander 8).

FierceKitty

The Gauls got another walloping today, this time from the Iberians. The chariots did pretty well, but everyone else was thumped.

Techno II

TWO ON THE BOUNCE ??  :o :o :o :o

Cheers - Phil  ;)

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno II

X_X

Go and chew your own coat, Nobby.

Cheers - Phil.