Getting My Act Together on my Blog

Started by sunjester, 05 December 2020, 06:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunjester

Many thanks for all the kind words, gentlemen.

Quote from: fsn on 15 December 2020, 05:28:38 PM

Nice brushwork. I'm into the steam powered bicycle gatling, but I'm impressed with your handling of yellow. Difficult colour yellow. Do you undercoat in brown?

A bit of a cheat actually, because I've never had any good results with yellow in the past. This was a light brown/beige undercoat and Iyanden Yellow contrast paint from the Evil Empire (TM).

sunjester

23 December 2020, 03:58:25 PM #17 Last Edit: 23 December 2020, 04:06:50 PM by sunjester
I thought I'd get one more post in before Christmas https://grahamsgaming.blogspot.com/2020/12/more-vsfsteampunk-with-vehicles.html

Ithoriel

Love the steam carriage! Though I did think initially that the lampost was attached to the front wheel as a bizarre sort of headlight.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno II

Not through the side door.

'Round the back.......Could be a door we can't see ?

Ignore me, as usual.

Cheers - Phil

fsn

Indeed not, Techno II.

I worry that the young lady would not be able to open the side door because of the wheel, and whilst she was tugging at the knob, she would be in danger of having her skirt caught in those rather nasty looking gear wheels ... which would probably end up in something akin to a Victorian Benny Hill sketch.

Or a horrible maiming.

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

Orcs

Quote from: fsn on 23 December 2020, 05:04:13 PM
Indeed not, Techno II.

I worry that the young lady would not be able to open the side door because of the wheel, and whilst she was tugging at the knob, she would be in danger of having her skirt caught in those rather nasty looking gear wheels ... which would probably end up in something akin to a Victorian Benny Hill sketch.

Or a horrible maiming.

I think you are over thinking this Nobby.  She gets in from the other side. The door this side is for servicing the gear wheels.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

fsn

Overthinking? Me? Impossible!

When have I ever taken a perfectly reasonable proposition and driven it to the point of absurdity?    O:-)

Ithoriel

Clearly, just out of shot, there is a wheeled stairway, similar to those used to access aircraft. Doubtless being wheeled into position by the Steamcoach-man, stoker and postillion. :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

sunjester

Thank you gents.

Concerning Sir Henry's steam carriage, obviously the passenger compartment slides forward and a set of extending steps, stored beneath the door, permit the passengers access.

fsn

Obviously.  :-\

It's a lovely piece of work.

sunjester

Getting started on my VSF-variant Sellswords and Spellslingers campaign, here is my party during a recent ARSS operation in the Balkans. More details on the blog https://grahamsgaming.blogspot.com/2020/12/vsf.html

Left to right: Professor Humphrey Hodgeson, Maisie Hodgeson and "Jack".

Steve J