Action a CS Grant scenario AAR

Started by Steve J, 04 December 2020, 09:10:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Techno II

mmcv

Good game, those figures really do look the part on the table, especially the infantry. Nice job.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Westmarcher

Looks like it was a good game even tho' a tad one-sided. Nice layout, too. As for the figures, I have to admit from a gamer's 'arms length' viewpoint, I could hardly distinguish the figures for the real thing (i.e., 'normal' metal 3D minis).  :-[

You mentioned Blue side had about twelve units which as many gamers have found, is a nice level for most games and certainly works really well for solo games. I'm beginning to think that myself - possibly less and probably no more than 16 max for a game - gone are the days of megalomania. Obviously it depends on other factors such as how good the scenario is and how many players but for a solo to two player game, what do other gamers think is the optimum number of figures for a good game?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd

A great looking game, the MDF figures certainly look good at playing distance :)

I think the number of units depends on the type of game you are after and the rules

I've played both DBA and BBDBA so have played with 12 element and 36 element armies with the same rules
The game feels significantly different, DBA is 'chess like' where you carefully think about every element, BBDBA you tend to think more about groups of elements (but drill down to single elements at key points)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Westmarcher

Quote from: paulr on 04 December 2020, 07:16:06 PM
I think the number of units depends on the type of game you are after and the rules

I've played both DBA and BBDBA so have played with 12 element and 36 element armies with the same rules
The game feels significantly different, DBA is 'chess like' where you carefully think about every element, BBDBA you tend to think more about groups of elements (but drill down to single elements at key points)

That's what I tend to think. No matter how many units you have, there's a tendency to split your army into 2, 3 or 4 groups or 'divisions.'
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

jambo1

Good looking game and an interesting read, I find myself going back to "old" style rules more and more. The MDF figures look good on the table and may well be worth a little punt I think! :)

Dave Fielder

Cool Beans. MDF as a base and MDF as a figure, if only there was MDF paint.
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

Steve J

I'll look for it alongside tartan paint Dave ;) :D

Shedman