Battle for Hoth II

Started by Big Insect, 01 December 2020, 11:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Insect

01 December 2020, 11:41:03 PM Last Edit: 01 December 2020, 11:44:03 PM by Big Insect
I finally found my way back into my old Blog and dug out this link to an old (December 2013) 6mm Star Wars FWC game, that I thought I'd publish as a bit of a festive treat and some much needed lock-down FWC cheer  :D
A bit like the BBC replaying reruns of old Two Ronnies or Morcambe & Wise TV shows that mean nothing to anybody under the age of 30!

https://aetius-last-of-the-romans.blogspot.com/2013/12/the-battle-for-hoth-ii-or-rebels-strike.html

I really must get around to painting up the remaining AT-ATs and also sorting out the extra Snow Troopers and Rebels that I bought to build up both side for future games.
I am now feeling inspired to consider a Rogue One scenario maybe - as I have another 3 AT-ATs that can be run out in appropriate tropical atoll basing and some 200+ 6mm palm trees (from China) that need to be put to good use.

May the Force be with you - yo ho ho
Mark
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Ray Rivers

Well, that is pretty insane!  :o

In a good way!  ;)

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno II

Nice one, Mark !  :)

Cheers - Phil

Steve J

A nice blast from the past Mark and a cool looking game.

Shedman

The AT-AT in the last photo needs a haircut

Are we doing a bootcamp, fwc, cwc or bkc , next year?

mmcv

Big Insect

02 December 2020, 09:13:41 AM #7 Last Edit: 02 December 2020, 09:21:31 AM by Big Insect
Quote from: Shedman on 02 December 2020, 08:13:06 AM
The AT-AT in the last photo needs a haircut
Are we doing a bootcamp, fwc, cwc or bkc , next year?

I'd love to do all 3 Al - just that I am very dependant on being vaccinated but I think we should try and plan to do them all - even if they are all in the 2nd half of next year.
I'll call the pub and look at weekend availability. I'll talk to Richard Phillips to see if we can move the 'Grimsby' game down to Slimbridge - should be our turn not to travel this year  :D

A good shout
Mark
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Big Insect

Quote from: Ray Rivers on 02 December 2020, 12:45:04 AM
Well, that is pretty insane!  :o

In a good way!  ;)

FWC is a great set of rules - in many ways (as it was the last set created by the original author) it is more 'rich' and complex that BKC & CWC - there are particularly nice Tac.Doc types.
Great fun and some of the best games are with smaller forces - although we have regularly played some fantastic mega-games at our FWC Bootcamp weekends.

mmcv

Quote from: Big Insect on 02 December 2020, 10:17:01 AM
FWC is a great set of rules - in many ways (as it was the last set created by the original author) it is more 'rich' and complex that BKC & CWC - there are particularly nice Tac.Doc types.
Great fun and some of the best games are with smaller forces - although we have regularly played some fantastic mega-games at our FWC Bootcamp weekends.

I actually picked up a copy of it recently when I noticed it on sale at WargamesValut. Have had a quick read through and does seem quite interesting. Will likely be a while before I do anything with it though as don't have any sci-fi minis and have enough projects on the go at the moment! Good to know it works well on smaller forces though.

Big Insect

I picked up a few 6mm OOP Dark Realm Arcadian APCs and infantry (& support weapons) off eBay the other day for a really good price.

I have had an idea for a while to paint up a small 'policing' type unit in the UK Berlin camo colours and base them all up for an urban landscape ... always good for a "bug-hunt" scenario or two.

Just the sort of thing for an evenings FWC gaming

Conversions are simple, turret swaps for instance.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

sean66

I have a set of Leon's original Bug Hunt figures  ;)
I also have a ton of DRM figures from way back when.
Regards
Sean

Big Insect

Sounds like a plan Sean ... all we need now is a set of ruined city terrain (which I have in abundance) and we are good to go  :D

sean66

Quote from: Big Insect on 03 December 2020, 03:13:02 PM
Sounds like a plan Sean ... all we need now is a set of ruined city terrain (which I have in abundance) and we are good to go  :D

unfortunately currently stuck in Bavaria  :'( only games for me are solo  :'(
Regards
Sean