Two battles in Ancient China

Started by mmcv, 22 November 2020, 10:48:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmcv

22 November 2020, 10:48:14 PM Last Edit: 22 November 2020, 11:05:46 PM by mmcv
I was able to get my new Chu and Qin armies onto the table today for two games with them using To the Strongest!

This also let me test out my small table gaming setup some more, which worked out well and means I should hopefully be able to play some more games over the next little while.

The first battle saw an extended exchange across the line of battle over rugged terrain while the second battle saw fast and furious fighting on the flanks on an open plain.

You can read the reports here: http://mmcvhistory.home.blog/2020/11/22/battle-reports-chu-vs-qin-and-qin-vs-chu-to-the-strongest/

Enjoy!

Norm

enjoyed very much thanks. It will be interesting to see how with this system, the early army with more chariots perform.

mmcv

Quote from: Norm on 22 November 2020, 11:11:32 PM
enjoyed very much thanks. It will be interesting to see how with this system, the early army with more chariots perform.

Thanks and yes agreed. They are rated as heavy chariots with lance and extra missile weapon, which gives them the shock impact and save of heavy cavalry as well as the ranged attack of bow cavalry, so they're powerful but expensive individual units, though have a much harder time with difficult terrain than cavalry as you'd expect. Therefore losing them means you lose a considerable chunk of your fighting strength.

Steve J

Very nice Matt and good to see you were able to get a couple of games in in a relatively small space. A good set of rules for sure but I don't play them enough to feel comfortable with them, something which I should really address in the future.

Techno II

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner