Hello from Ireland

Started by BKC Grenadier, 22 November 2020, 02:45:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BKC Grenadier

Hello to all, 

Just a brief intro to say hello and looking forward to being here.  I'm a long time wargamer, ECW, Naps, ACW, FPW & WWII,  altho relatively new to Blitzkrieg Commander. I started with BKCII and have BKCIV now also.  My gaming is focused nearly entirely in 6mm these days in all the above mentioned periods.  The more I look at the webstore here the more I'm dragged back to 10mm  ;D  I did 10mm way back with Command Decision but the figures/vehicles in those days were dire and BKC is so much more playable also IMHO.
Thanks for reading and looking forward to being here

fsn

Good afternoon Grenadier!

Welcome to the forum, a potent mix of insanity, erudition and debates about bases.

What forces are you thinking of using?   

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

Welcome on board and I look forward toseeing your efforts in 10mm and with BKCIV :)

Ithoriel

Welcome to the forum!

As fsn says, it is a place that is warm, welcoming, well read, well informed, weird and wacky! :)

Enjoy your time here!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

mmcv

Welcome, sounds like a fun mix of periods! Please do share what you get up to with us all, regardless of the scale. Which part of Ireland are you from if you don't mind me asking? 

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Course some of use are real nasty, welcome  :d
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Nirnman

good afternoon from a fellow Irish man but one from the north

BKC Grenadier

Thank you to all for the warm welcome, a potent mix of insanity, erudition and debates sounds just about right in theses strange times.  

In WWII I am a huge fan of North West Europe from 6 June, especially D Day to Falaise Gap, Arnhem and the Bulge altho all WWII is good tbh.  I have gamed in all scales from 1/72 to 6mm and started WWII with Operation Warboard and some of Charles Grant's books !.....so not in the first flush of youth here  ;D ;D ;D.  I have probably played/tried most the major wargames rules released over the past 40 years  :-[  I'm based in Dublin and whilst thru the years gamed with a club and friends, the majority of my gaming these days is solo

Techno II

A very warm welcome, 'G'.

Cheers - Phil. :)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fsn

Ah Grenadier, a man after my own kidney!

I have set upon August 1944 - mostly Guards Armoured and Panzer Lehr.

Photos of your progress, please!

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

sean66

Welcome
this is a great forum (if you discount one or two Nutters) 8)
I wont mention names, but you'll soon find out who I mean.
if you go onto to old BKC forum you'll find lots of answers, and information you might need.
Regards
Sean

Ithoriel

Quote from: sean66 on 23 November 2020, 07:15:08 AM
<snip>
I wont mention names, but you'll soon find out who I mean.
<snip>

Does he mean me? :D :D :D
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Orcs

Quote from: sean66 on 23 November 2020, 07:15:08 AM
Welcome

Sean

Only one or two nutters???   I am not sure what forum you are talking about Sean, its certainly not this one.

Welcome to the Forum BKC.

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

steve_holmes_11

Welcome, pull up a chair and join in.