90 second video for opening of 1471 battle

Started by Norm, 22 November 2020, 12:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

A fun 90 second video looking at the battlefield and starting positions of forces for my Piggy Longton 'taxes' battle.

LINK
http://battlefieldswarriors.blogspot.com/2020/11/introductory-video-to-set-up-for-save.html

Steve J

Very nicely done Norm and really sets the scene for the battle. The figures and terrian look superb and I like the way the bases tie in nicely with your battlemat:)

jimduncanuk

My Ego forbids a signature.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

mmcv

Very good. Are you planning videoing any of your games or keeping it to still images for now?

Norm

Thanks all. I am probably more inclined toward a traditional text blog with photographs, but would like to start embedding some short video clips when appropriate to supplement / compliment the text.

hammurabi70

Quote from: Norm on 22 November 2020, 10:48:11 PM
Thanks all. I am probably more inclined toward a traditional text blog with photographs, but would like to start embedding some short video clips when appropriate to supplement / compliment the text.

FWIW, which is not much, I dislike posts using videos; text blogs with photographs that you can skim and focus on matters of interest are much better.  Short videos could be a useful enhancement; long ones not welcome.

Techno II

Westmarcher

Bravo, Norm. The great shots of your lovely miniatures and terrain and your choice of atmospheric background music really set the scene. Look forward to seeing more.  =D>

By coincidence, I came across some 'competition' today. Here it is -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZPj7DN8FLk&feature=emb_logo
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

d_Guy

Quote from: hammurabi70 on 23 November 2020, 12:36:06 AM
FWIW, which is not much, I dislike posts using videos; text blogs with photographs that you can skim and focus on matters of interest are much better.  Short videos could be a useful enhancement; long ones not welcome.

I tend to agree. I don't like long vids (unless they are walking me through a DIY repair). Norm's is just right in length and production quality, displaying his scenery and miniatures to good advantage. The mood music and the few  text slides are just enough to draw me into looking at more text and pictures. Well done, Norm.
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd =D>

I agree with d_Guy's assessment

What are those Burgundian Cross bowmen doing near Piggy Longton  :-/
Who me been painting heraldry recently ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!