Four in a row!

Started by FierceKitty, 16 November 2020, 08:19:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heedless Horseman

Quote from: Techno II on 16 November 2020, 04:58:33 PM
Or whether you end up with bad stomach ache.

:D

Actually boiled herring would have to taste ten times better than rollmop.

Cheers - Phil

'Boiled' Herring??? WHO ON EARTH WOULD EAT THAT? :o  Now, Herring fried in crumbs with New Potato's...'Tatties 'n Herrin'...has become an aquired fancy in my later years! Like the taste but hate the bones!  ;)

Rollmop looks like the jars of 'creatures' in a Sci-Fi film...ABSOLUTELY no way!  ;D
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

Steeleye

I used a spell when I was in a similar situation. The spell was to give me 'knowledge of warfare', oddly after doing the spell I started to win battles.

Now this could have been something to do with the spell...OR...something just clicked, or I changed my dice, or I'd just learnt all the tricks my regular wargames partner used.

Techno II

Quote from: Heedless Horseman on 17 November 2020, 03:54:06 AM
Rollmop looks like the jars of 'creatures' in a Sci-Fi film...ABSOLUTELY no way!  ;D

They'd probably taste better.  :-& :-&

It was at a birthday party in Eindhoven, when I got dragged over there by Target/Heartbreaker to some European Games Fair.
I think the chap whose birthday it was, was Swedish....And rollmop was his favourite.

Cheers - Phil  X_X (Shudder)

d_Guy

Living a sheltered life I was forced to look up rollmop. Oh my! Still I have never let looks dissuade me from trying a new dish (although smell is another issue).

Sorry about the gout, Kitty. Despite the the cartoons of Gillray, et. al, a flare up is no laughing matter. My sympathies.
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

FierceKitty

It's under control, thanks. But I need to watch my diet a bit; bacon's off, mussels, spinach, and mackerel a rare treat. Thank Heavens I'm not a drinker. But it's true, it's no joke at all when a slight twitch of movement leaves you feeling as if your foot were strapped in a brazier.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Techno II

Sorry to hear about the gout, Alexander !

Von's Mum had an attack of that, in her finger joints, caused by drinking far too much orange juice. (Apparently)....Not nice !

Cheers - Phil

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

I always thought it was caused by an excess of stilton and port
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Ben Waterhouse

Quote from: FierceKitty on 18 November 2020, 12:45:29 AM
It's under control, thanks. But I need to watch my diet a bit; bacon's off, mussels, spinach, and mackerel a rare treat. Thank Heavens I'm not a drinker. But it's true, it's no joke at all when a slight twitch of movement leaves you feeling as if your foot were strapped in a brazier.

It's horrible, nearest thing to childbirth for men, my doc told me. I haven't shared that piece of wisdom with the Management... commiserations.
Arma Pacis Fulcra

Orcs

Quote from: Ben Waterhouse on 18 November 2020, 09:39:58 AM
It's horrible, nearest thing to childbirth for men, my doc told me. I haven't shared that piece of wisdom with the Management... commiserations.
If you did share that with management I think it might hurt more than Gout. :)
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

FierceKitty

There are effective meds, fortunately.

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

FierceKitty

Hmmm, I wonder if they make me roll a lot of bad dice?

d_Guy

Quote from: FierceKitty on 19 November 2020, 12:02:29 AM
Hmmm, I wonder if they make me roll a lot of bad dice?

I see that you are wise in the ways of science.
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on