Nobby's October 2022 Wish List

Started by fsn, 07 October 2022, 09:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsn

Nobby's current wish list ...

1. Swedish Army, Napoleonic Wars
Still there from July 2021, the Swedish army from 1813.

2. British Vehicles 1980s
Well you had to start the Cold War didn't you Leon? Chieftain and FV432 would be a good start.

3. Harnessed horses
I'd like to see a pack of harnessed horses. Sometimes 4 per limber just isn't enough.

4. Chariot Armies
Love to see some Egyptians, Hittites, Assyrians.

5. Soviet 1980s
I've always had a thing for the BTR60 - it's just so delightfully ugly.

5. Swedish 1980s
Also S-Tank and Panzerbandvagn 301 so we can use the BV202 Snocat on the Northern flank.

6. Instructions
There are some bits of Pendraken kit that require assembly. Some of these could do with an on line assembly guide.

7. Valkyries
Although I am not a fantasy player, I do like a bit of mythology. Valkyries would be a good addition for a Norse force. Proper ones though, not like that travesty from the MCU.

I suppose a goat chariot is out of the question?

8. Slingers
I likes me a bog standard slinger. The old Greek range had what I wanted, but slingers are now stuck in with the rest of the light infantry. I'd like the old slingers back.

Excludes the things I know are coming like Amazons and Japanese castles. I know I can get some of these elsewhere but frankly, I don't want to. 

Well, haven't things changed since my July 21 list? For a start I've got a list of 8 instead of 10, of which only 4 are in last year's list.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Last Hussar

Nobby's October 2022 Wish List

A significant other?
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

fsn

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

steve_holmes_11

Harnessed horses is a very good call.

Westmarcher

QuoteHarnessed horses is a very good call.

On that subject (although I believe Leon will happily supply these from other packs), harnessed horses not only without but with riders also.

[I'm specifically thinking of the ACW Supply Wagons which I have highlighted on this forum in the past. Contrary to Hollywood opinion, evidence from the ACW shows that supply wagon drivers did not sit at the front of the wagon but actually rode the nearest left hand mule/horse to the wagon in the same way artillery limber drivers do.  :-B
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Orcs

QuoteNobby's current wish list ...

1. Swedish Army, Napoleonic Wars
Still there from July 2021, the Swedish army from 1813.

Only because he looks like you in your best Suit   :D

Quote from: fsn on 07 October 2022, 09:12:30 PM2. British Vehicles 1980s
Well you had to start the Cold War didn't you Leon? Chieftain and FV432 would be a good start.

OH NO I can see these two  going the same way as the Centurion. Mentioned on every post, "Fun Facts"about them  every 2 minutes ~X(

Quote from: fsn on 07 October 2022, 09:12:30 PM3. Harnessed horses
I'd like to see a pack of harnessed horses. Sometimes 4 per limber just isn't enough.
Sometimes 4 inches just isn't enough, but you have to put up with what you were given!  :d

Quote from: fsn on 07 October 2022, 09:12:30 PM4. Chariot Armies

Quote from: fsn on 07 October 2022, 09:12:30 PMNot sure why we don't have these, as Techno has 1st hand experience - He rode in one as a boy.

Quote from: fsn on 07 October 2022, 09:12:30 PM5. Soviet 1980s

Not unlike a large percentage of this forum.  :)

Quote from: fsn on 07 October 2022, 09:12:30 PM5. Swedish 1980s
Also S-Tank and Panzerbandvagn 301 so we can use the BV202 Snocat on the Northern flank.

Nah, the only Swedish thing I want to play with in my games room is Malin Akerman. ;) 

Quote from: fsn on 07 October 2022, 09:12:30 PM6. Instructions
There are some bits of Pendraken kit that require assembly. Some of these could do with an on line assembly guide.
What like

These items may contain lead
Small parts included do not eat.

Quote from: fsn on 07 October 2022, 09:12:30 PM7. Valkyries

Although I am not a fantasy player.

That's not what I have heard.

Quote from: fsn on 07 October 2022, 09:12:30 PMI suppose a goat chariot is out of the question?

So do you want a Goat puling a chariot or a goat riding in one. - Please be more specific  :)

8. Slingers
I likes me a bog standard slinger. The old Greek range had what I wanted, but slingers are now stuck in with the rest of the light infantry. I'd like the old slingers back.

I am sorry that the current Greek slingers are not your type. This is not Match.com

Perhaps you might like to define your type

A: Muscled
B: Toned
C: Short Tunic
D: Long tunic as its more alluring??

:)
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

fsn

QuoteOnly because he looks like you in your best Suit  :D
This is closer

QuoteOH NO I can see these two  going the same way as the Centurion. Mentioned on every post, "Fun Facts"about them  every 2 minutes ~X(
Getawaywithyou. My heart will always belong to the Centurion. The Chieftain is a regrettable necessity.

QuoteSometimes 4 inches just isn't enough, but you have to put up with what you were given!  :d
Sir, you have my sympathies.

QuoteNot unlike a large percentage of this forum.  :)
I think I wrote delightfully ugly?

QuoteNah, the only Swedish thing I want to play with in my games room is Malin Akerman. ;) 
I believe the young lady is a genius in her use of heavy infantry combined with light cavalry.

QuoteWhat like
The Centurion bridgelayer had a number of parts that were not intuitive.

QuoteThat's not what I have heard.
If it doesn't have wizards dwarves elves orcs, it isn't fantasy.

QuoteSo do you want a Goat puling a chariot or a goat riding in one. - Please be more specific  :)
For the great god Thor of course!

QuoteI am sorry that the current Greek slingers are not your type.
I am just sorry that I didn't buy more of the old ones when they were available.

fsn

Quote from: Westmarcher on 08 October 2022, 02:11:19 PMOn that subject (although I believe Leon will happily supply these from other packs), harnessed horses ...
I'm sure he would, but one doesn't like to impose.

Orcs

Perhaps if you groveled enough to M'lady she might ask the Dark lord to seek out the old mould and cast you some of the old slingers.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Westmarcher

QuoteOn that subject (although I believe Leon will happily supply these from other packs), harnessed horses not only without but with riders also.

[I'm specifically thinking of the ACW Supply Wagons which I have highlighted on this forum in the past. Contrary to Hollywood opinion, evidence from the ACW shows that supply wagon drivers did not sit at the front of the wagon but actually rode the nearest left hand mule/horse to the wagon in the same way artillery limber drivers do.  :-B ]

Posting this because I'm currently watching an episode of the excellent documentary series, The Civil War, and it's just shown a photo of a Union supply train crossing the Rappahannock with the drivers sitting on the draught animals and not the wagons. I had lost my link to this so quite chuffed that I've found it again. Here it is, in case anyone wants to convert their Civil War wagons.   :)

ACW Supply Wagon Drivers
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

OK my resistance has failed, how long till the Cheiftain and 432 + varients ?

Repeat daily like the Aztec and Centurion by Kitty and Nobby until released
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leon

I'll run through those:

Quote1. Swedish Army, Napoleonic Wars

Unlikely in the near future I'm afraid.  As someone said above, whenever I talk to companies who produce these they tell me that the sales are non-existent.

Quote2. British Vehicles 1980s

Definitely on the cards but not currently available from our new 3D designer.  I can ask him to make them but he'd need to schedule them into his plans.

Quote3. Harnessed horses

Is that just a pack of artillery/limber horses?  We can easily whack those in a mould and sort that out.

Quote4. Chariot Armies

These are planned at some point but I want to get the Macedonians and Indians done first.

Quote5. Soviet 1980s

Yep, the 3D designer has got that available so I'll be getting it from him once I've released the next batch (BMP-2, BRDM, etc).

Quote5. Swedish 1980s

Not sure on this one, it's not on the designer's shopping list so they'd need to be fresh designs.

Quote6. Instructions

Definitely, I need to get the back office room fitted out now that the roof has been fixed and then we'll be setting up a bit of a video/photo studio in there for tutorials and things.

Quote7. Valkyries
Although I am not a fantasy player, I do like a bit of mythology. Valkyries would be a good addition for a Norse force. Proper ones though, not like that travesty from the MCU.

If we can have a think about which of the Fantasy ranges they'd be best suited to (the new Amazons maybe?) and then we could look at this.

Quote8. Slingers

We can have a look at adding a new set of these to the Macedonian range maybe?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fsn

• Aw!
  • OK.
  • Yes, please. In Napoleonics I've gone for 4 horse for foot artillery batteries, 6 horse for 12pdr batteries and 8 horses for horse artillery. Extra horses would be much appreciated. 
  • Indians? I knew it! Good job I haven't started buying them!
  • Yay!
  • Oh!
  • Excellent. Thank you.
  • Valkyries are Nordic. Barbarians? Though I'm sure I can do a paint job on any female winged horse rider ... just need to add two big ... horns on the helmet.
  • Yes please. Very useful yer bog standard slinger.

Thank you.  :)

Just realised I had 2 number 5's in my original list!

Quote from: Lord Kermit of Birkenhead on 11 October 2022, 07:37:11 AMOK my resistance has failed, how long till the Cheiftain and 432 + varients ?

Repeat daily like the Aztec and Centurion by Kitty and Nobby until released

Youse wuz warned !!!!
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021