Not so much a request . . .

Started by tony6655, 15 November 2020, 11:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tony6655

Can anyone please tell me what the SCW CRB volunteer figures have on their heads p!ease ? I can't decide whether it's an Adrian he!met or a truly .
   Cheers,
             Tony.

mollinary

2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

John Cook

Quote from: tony6655 on 15 November 2020, 11:23:56 PM
Can anyone please tell me what the SCW CRB volunteer figures have on their heads p!ease ? I can't decide whether it's an Adrian he!met or a truly .
   Cheers,
             Tony.

What are CRB volunteer figures? 

Shedman

Quote from: tony6655 on 15 November 2020, 11:23:56 PM

I assume you mean the Italian CTV figures - I see what you did with the T/R and the V/B keys  :)

I'm not sure what they are wearing - it might be an Adrian-style helmet - I don't think it's a trilby

Alan

DaveH

16 November 2020, 04:04:35 PM #5 Last Edit: 16 November 2020, 04:07:25 PM by DaveH
Early on in the SCW the CTV did wear the Adrian helmet then changed over to the Italian model 33 helmet for the end of the war. Not sure if they wore the model 33 much into battle though.

From the pictures on the website as I haven't bought any of the CTV yet, they look to be wearing the Adrian helmet which is probably most appropriate.

John Cook

The Italian CTV in the SCW range are my sculpts, which I produced for Leon several years ago, because I wanted some for my SCW project. 

The models represent Blackshirt Militia infantry 1936-37.  They wear the Italian Mod. 15 Adrian-style helmet and greatcoat as they would have appeared over the winter 1936-1937, typically during the Battle of Guadalajara.  Blackshirt infantry didn't get the Mod.33 helmet until late (approximately August) 1937. 

My source was 'CTV Il Corpo Truppe Volantarie Italiano Durante la Guerra Civile Spagnole 1936-1939' by Ernestino Chiappa which I recommend if you have an interest in the SCW.  Alternatively this site is useful: http://miniaturasmilitaresalfonscanovas.blogspot.com/2011/05/boletim-n-25-de-la-agupacion-de.html

DaveH

For the later period with them in the Mod.33 helmet won't the WWII Italian range be suitable as they seem to have the right uniform looking at the website you linked.

John Cook

Quote from: DaveH on 17 November 2020, 11:18:38 AM
For the later period with them in the Mod.33 helmet won't the WWII Italian range be suitable as they seem to have the right uniform looking at the website you linked.

I would think so although I haven't seen the figures. 

tony6655

Thanks for the replies, and it wasn't my typing, my autocorrect seems to have departed from reality ! 😂🤣😂