Sharing a new Hit rule

Started by Battleback, 21 August 2020, 09:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Battleback

I made changes to clarify the Rally Rules and removed the "Free" Rally Command Action and instead just created a Rally Phase after the Initiative Phase. Hopefully now the rules make more sense now.

You can download the rule in my signature.

henjed

Thanks, again.  I'll try them out in the revised form and let you know my thoughts.  If I lose the next game, however, I'll be so miserable that it may take me some time to post    :(

Battleback

Quote from: henjed on 27 August 2020, 12:41:30 PM
Thanks, again.  I'll try them out in the revised form and let you know my thoughts.  If I lose the next game, however, I'll be so miserable that it may take me some time to post    :(
Haha yeah I feel your pain, seems like I hardly ever win a game myself.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Itinerant Hobbyist

Nice thinking. I'll give it a shot and post a vid...could be a little while, but it will be a fun wrinkle.

Battleback

Quote from: Itinerant Hobbyist on 28 August 2020, 05:46:02 AM
Nice thinking. I'll give it a shot and post a vid...could be a little while, but it will be a fun wrinkle.
I would be honored Ininerate Hobbyist (or should I say WARdROBE, haha I like the change) if you did a video on the rule. I love your channel, it was your videos that got me into BKC in the first place.  8)

Itinerant Hobbyist

Quote from: Battleback on 28 August 2020, 10:24:41 PM
I would be honored Ininerate Hobbyist (or should I say WARdROBE, haha I like the change) if you did a video on the rule. I love your channel, it was your videos that got me into BKC in the first place.  8)

Whoa, that's awesome. That makes running the channel worth it.

Itinerant Hobbyist

Battle back, would you be ok if I posted the link to this document on the BKC Fan Group page on FB?

Are you are part of that group? If yes, I'll give you credit there as well.

Battleback

Quote from: Itinerant Hobbyist on 30 August 2020, 07:27:07 PM
Battle back, would you be ok if I posted the link to this document on the BKC Fan Group page on FB?

Are you are part of that group? If yes, I'll give you credit there as well.
Sure please do. I'm in the group but I mainly just use FB for lurking and getting files. But my account name is Bigo Naryd.

Thanks

henjed

Tried Battleback's new rule in a 2,500 Point a side Desert War game yesterday. I still lost.

But, seriously, I thought it worked really well (as did the winner). We used the 'automatic' rally most turns, but seldom the rally option during the Command turn. The mechanic was smooth and efficient, and seemed to to have no disruptive effect on the game. Quite the opposite.

I think we will employ it for all games going forward. We found the removal of all hits perverse and had adopted a half-way house between that and static hits which was a bit cumbersome. We haven't yet incorporated it with the option to remove *suppression* as a Command option.

Battleback

Quote from: henjed on 28 October 2020, 11:23:43 PM
Tried Battleback's new rule in a 2,500 Point a side Desert War game yesterday. I still lost.

But, seriously, I thought it worked really well (as did the winner). We used the 'automatic' rally most turns, but seldom the rally option during the Command turn. The mechanic was smooth and efficient, and seemed to to have no disruptive effect on the game. Quite the opposite.

I think we will employ it for all games going forward. We found the removal of all hits perverse and had adopted a half-way house between that and static hits which was a bit cumbersome. We haven't yet incorporated it with the option to remove *suppression* as a Command option.
Glad the rule worked for you and thanks for the feedback! I wish I could test it more myself but COVID has screwed with our meetings.