Finished Celtic Warband

Started by Lord Basse, 13 November 2020, 09:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Basse

Hello all.

Finally got around to finish my first celtic warband. It was nice to paint something other than Napoleonic French for a while. The first "rank" is comprised of sword-wielding maniacs to better break through the enemy lines. Don't know how accurate it is, but it seemed appropriate. Comments and criticism are of course welcome :)

Lord Basse

mmcv

Those look really good. Very dynamic charge. Did you have style system in mind to use them with?

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno II

Those look cracking !!  :-bd =D> :-bd

Cheers - Phil :)

fred.

Great stuff, very clever basing.

At first I wondered why you had left such a gap in the middle of the first base, then realised that it was the charging swordsmen getting ahead, nice!
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Glorfindel

These are excellent, well done.   Very dramatic.   Really like the
front rank breaking away.

More please !

Phil

Orcs

They look superb, and welcome to the Forum
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Steve J

Very nice and the front rank ahead of the others a nice touch 8).

Lord Basse

Quote from: mmcv on 13 November 2020, 10:28:52 PM
Those look really good. Very dynamic charge. Did you have style system in mind to use them with?

I plan on using them for Hail Caesar. Right now I paint a base worth of models when there's time, so there is a long road ahead before the project is complete. But the journey has been rewarding so far as they are quite fun to paint!