Template lists for new Modern ranges

Started by Leon, 10 November 2020, 01:05:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunray

Quote from: sultanbev on 27 January 2021, 11:18:45 AM
Afraid not, Red3 already do some 10mm Arab-Israeli stuff, including infantry.

Correct.  Red 3 vehicles are neat. Infantry however are light on sculpt detail, and a bit Mr Blobby. Minifigs also have a range of generic Arab infantry.

Where Pendraken will be unique is the Egyptian are distinct from the Syrian with combat jerkins. Phil;s sculpts have alot more poses.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Do we have a date yet - answers of 1973 are not acceptable  ;)
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

John Cook

Quote from: Leon on 27 January 2021, 09:39:36 AM
As someone said above, it's easier to pick a specific time point and start your ranges there.  There were some uniform changes before 1973 I believe that would have limited some of the troop types, so we would have needed to double up some of the sculpt lists to cover those.  We tried that with the Korean range but the sales have been limited, so I didn't want to put too much money into this right off the bat.  Yom Kippur is the most requested part of the conflicts so it made sense to start there.

Leon, thanks for that.  It is clear enough now.  As an adult I've never been very impressed by either verbal or physical BS.  The Korean War has always seemed, to me anyway, one of the most utterly depressing wars of 20th Century, and too close the WW2 to be sufficiently different.  I look on the Crimean War in much the same way in a 19th Century context.  So, to be frank, I'm not surprised that sales have been disappointing.  It's a shame but you can't win 'em all. 

Have to say the Korean War stuff I have are excellent models.

hammurabi70

Quote from: ianrs54 on 27 January 2021, 03:51:07 PM
Have to say the Korean War stuff I have are excellent models.

Yes, great stuff.

Will in any of these new figures provide suitable infantry support for the Swedish S tank?  What would be used for the 1950s Soviet invader's infantry?

Leon

Quote from: hammurabi70 on 27 January 2021, 05:15:30 PM
Will in any of these new figures provide suitable infantry support for the Swedish S tank?  What would be used for the 1950s Soviet invader's infantry?

Not sure at the moment, I've not looked at the Swedish army much so I'd need to see what's required there to be honest.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Raider4

Quote from: hammurabi70 on 27 January 2021, 05:15:30 PM

S-tank is roughly 70's through 90's. If you're doing the 50's you don't want an S-tank!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

hammurabi70

Quote from: Raider4 on 27 January 2021, 06:43:16 PM
S-tank is roughly 70's through 90's. If you're doing the 50's you don't want an S-tank!

Good point; only in development in the fifties.  So I need 1970s infantry.  At least it would fit in with my West German army of that period ... well it would apart from that army being 6mm!  :D

Techno II

Well, we don't want to make them then.  :D

Cheers - Phil. ;)

Raider4

In case anyone's not seen it there is a Swedish army list still available for Coldwar Commander from the old SMP website.

sultanbev

In 6mm  I used H&R Cold War West Germans for my Swedish infantry, so would probably do the same in 10mm for all the differences there are, unless someone actually went to the trouble of making them.

Quote from: hammurabi70 on 28 January 2021, 09:13:34 AM
This one?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_M1937

Thats the beast. Doubt the Swedes would be commercial but would not be a huge investment - S tank, PBV301(based on 38(t) Chassis)  PBV302 and IKV91, plus their jeep like thingy.