Are there any member of the forum in New Zealand or Auckland or close by?

Started by privateer, 17 January 2011, 03:42:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

privateer

Are there any member of the forum in New Zealand or Auckland or close by?

I was hoping that there are some 10mm player in my local area. I am tired of trying to get my friend to buy armies, ones that I'm interested in. So it FPW, SYW, ECW and maybe AVBCW

Regards

David

Leon

We do have a few NZ customers, I'm not sure how many of them are on the Forum though.  I've just sent an order to New Plymouth, but that's quite a way away!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Sandinista

How long can you wait? I should be there in 4-5 years as my wife wants to go home, her family are up in Doubtless Bay area.

On a more serious note what is the state of wargaming over there, as we will most likely be moving to Auckland area?

privateer

The State of gaming is quite good, there are a few clubs - Auckland Wargaming Club, North Shore, City Guard and South Auckland - not to bad for a city of just over 1 million people
I don't do the club thing as they tend to do competetions but some of my frends do they they like it. I game with my group at home.

Kiwidave

I'll be coming home in the next 2 years, housing-market willing...:)

Am a JAFA born and bred, so will definitely be heading back to Auckland.

Sandinista

Quote from: Kiwidave on 18 January 2011, 12:03:24 PM
Am a JAFA born and bred
Was curious about that so asked the wife - Just Another F***ing Aucklander she tells me, which is fun as she is from there. I think i will be calling her JAFA from now until i get a slap :P

Kiwidave

Yep - for some reason the rest of the country don't like us Aucklanders. Can't imagine why - we have the best city, the coolest stuff, the best rugby and cricket teams, and the best cafes and bars, loads of sophisitcated people, etc etc  :D