Christmas Order Deadlines!

Started by Leon, 08 November 2020, 01:05:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

08 November 2020, 01:05:10 AM Last Edit: 08 November 2020, 01:08:12 AM by Leon
Apparently it's Christmas soon?!  Days, weeks and months have no meaning in the current Covid world but at least we can look forward to eating too much and getting some shiny new goodies!  Please make sure to get your order in to us as soon as possible, we're still seeing some delays in the post due to the pandemic so we don't want to risk your packages getting stuck somewhere and being delayed.  

Remember to order before these dates to make sure that your order will arrive in time!

8)

And just for info, if you're sending any packages yourself, these are the Royal Mail's official posting deadlines, NOT to be confused with our own deadlines above!

Royal Mail
Posting Deadline

UK 1st class
Mon 21st Dec

Western Europe
Wed 16th Dec

Eastern Europe
Fri 11th Dec

USA & Canada
Thurs 10th Dec

Rest of the World
Fri 4th Dec

More info on the Royal Mail website here: https://www.royalmail.com/christmas/last-posting-dates

:-bd
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Steve J

Thanks for the info Leon as, as you say, days, weeks and months are a bit of a blur at present.

Techno II

They certainly are, Steve !  X_X

Cheers - Phil

Leman

Thanks for the information Leon. I now have a Dutch Paypal account which should remove any problems I've been having.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Raider4

Techno II

What year is this ?...... I'm totally lost (No change there, then.)

Cheers - Phil  :-*

Techno II

That sounds far too modern. X_X

Cheers - Phil ;D

Nirnman

This is not strictly related to the Christmas deadlines.
I was wondering how Brexit will affect orders from Northern Ireland afterwards?
While this place still remains a full part of the United Kingdom it is supposed to
remain a part of the EU customs area and as such, there is talk of extra paperwork
being required on goods from the mainland being "imported to here?

Leon

Quote from: Nirnman on 08 November 2020, 03:14:58 PM
I was wondering how Brexit will affect orders from Northern Ireland afterwards?
While this place still remains a full part of the United Kingdom it is supposed to remain a part of the EU customs area and as such, there is talk of extra paperwork being required on goods from the mainland being "imported to here?

Currently, no one knows, not even the government.  We've had the guidance on imports into the UK (which are really fun for companies outside the UK!) but there's not been anything concrete on exporting.  We know that all of the EU will now become non-VAT, the same as anyone currently outside the EU, so buying from us will get cheaper for most European customers.  There may be customs and import VAT due when the package arrives in the destination country though.

For Northern Ireland I believe that you would purchase as a UK buyer and would pay UK VAT on it, the same as someone in Wales or Scotland.  The extra paperwork you mention will be on larger import companies bringing lorries/ferries across those borders and needing to pay tariffs on those.  Anything sent through the post is exempt from that as far as I'm aware.

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno II

Just don't import any mink.

I apologise......That's in very bad taste.  X_X

Cheers - Phil

Quote from: Techno II on 08 November 2020, 05:46:39 PM
Just don't import any mink.

I apologise......That's in very bad taste.  X_X

Cheers - Phil

Yes Mink dont make good eating  :Ph (thats even worse)

sean66

:- I wonder if I can squeeze in a little order for over the winter period.
thinking possibly winter Soviets.
Regards
Sean

Leman

It seems to have been Christmas in the Netherlands since late October. I've now seen three or four houses with fully decorated trees in the living room. Mind you Sinter Klaas, not to be confused with our Santa Claus, turns up on December 5th on a boat from Spain, then on a white horse with a flock of Zwarte Piets in tow distributing sweets to the kids lining the streets. Only happening virtually this year, much to everybody's disappointment. On the 11th November the Under 13s go out with home made lanterns to sing songs about St.Martin for which they are rewarded with sweets. That did happen this year thanks to ingenious use of shuffle boards to slide sweets to the kids, or the kids themselves having bage on the end of metre long sticks. Then of course there's Christmas Day and New Year's Eve, which has become a massive fireworks event. There just seems to be something to look forward to throughout autumn  and winter to keep the gloominess of short days at bay.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!