20mm Cows? or Bulls

Started by Orcs, 30 October 2020, 01:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno II

I'm still worried about having made the three plague elementals......(You haven't seen these yet).....one or two months before this b*stard virus raised its ugly head. X_X.

Is that synchronicity ?  X_X

Cheers - Phil

Orcs

31 October 2020, 02:12:26 PM #16 Last Edit: 31 October 2020, 02:28:55 PM by Orcs
Quote from: Westmarcher on 31 October 2020, 09:57:44 AM
]What worries me is that with the eye candy of loads of beautifully painted and/or detailed miniatures and terrain to behold on the table, Orcs eyes focused on the nether parts of a cow/bull.   ;)

Sadly, I have a den that does not have room for a wargame table. ( I commandeer the dining room for weeks at a time to game). So I am focusing on what I am painting. As Udders are significantly larger than other parts of our models that we deliberately pick out in our painting, it would have been "udderly" difficult to miss the missing udders. :)
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Orcs

Quote from: Techno II on 31 October 2020, 11:07:59 AM
I'm still worried about having made the three plague elementals......(You haven't seen these yet).....one or two months before this b*stard virus raised its ugly head. X_X.

Is that synchronicity ?  X_X

Cheers - Phil

I think your Ok there, you made these bullocks ages ago an not every cow is now a bullock (Well every live cow on my wargame table is a bullock  ;) )

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Techno II

When they haven't got their 'Mums' in the field with them....They CAN be as soft as poo.
The Mums, however, can be VERY dangerous....Especially if they're protecting a calf.

Trust me....I've done this. Either taking piccies....Or collecting berries to make sloe gin.

The youngsters can be VERY irritating (by following you around, and getting in the way).

Von and I have 'borrowed' bovines to chomp down over long grass in some of our fields.
(It was a little bit disconcerting to have a fully grown beef 'mummy' pressing down on my shoulder while I was filling one of the water troughs each day.......They don't half drink a lot of water each day....I kid you not !)

Cheers - Phil :)

Westmarcher

Quote from: Orcs on 31 October 2020, 02:12:26 PM
Sadly, I have a den that does not have room for a wargame table. ( I commandeer the dining room for weeks at a time to game). So I am focusing on what I am painting. As Udders are significantly larger than other parts of our models that we deliberately pick out in our painting, it would have been "udderly" difficult to miss the missing udders. :)

I'm a dining room table wargamer myself, Orcs.  One day, perhaps?  8->  

Minibits's Cows are not unique, mind you (who remembers the nether regions of Action Man/G.I. Joe/Tommy Gunn?) and one of the good things about them is that the unisex look means there's less to paint!  :D  A very useful range, imo. I bought some for one of "The Pikeman's Lament" scenarios. Here's a pic of my own efforts on the 15mm version:- https://www.facebook.com/Minibits.net/photos/2455267354532741 Note how I modestly positioned their nether regions out of camera shot!  :D   
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Techno II

I only got to see those for about half a second before faceache covered them with blurb.
Look very nice, Davy !  8)

Cheers - Phil

Orcs

Quote from: Westmarcher on 31 October 2020, 07:11:41 PM
https://www.facebook.com/Minibits.net/photos/2455267354532741 Note how I modestly positioned their nether regions out of camera shot!  :D    

Your bullocks look very nice Westie. ( that sounds so wrong)  :D

Orcs

I would just like to point out that the bullocks are very nice models.  I am not criticizing them in any way,I was just wondering if there were any models with udders

Westmarcher

Quote from: Orcs on 01 November 2020, 04:40:20 PM
I would just like to point out that the bullocks are very nice models.  I am not criticizing them in any way,I was just wondering if there were any models with udders

Mmmm!  :-\   Maybe try Nobby there, Orcs. He's good at finding "models" with "udders."  :D

p.s. thanks for the compliments - aw, shucks. :-[
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Leon

Quote from: Orcs on 01 November 2020, 04:40:20 PM

Not currently unfortunately, I'll have to think about this one.  We could look at adding udders to half of the master castings and remould them to give a 50/50 mix of bullocks/cows, but it's a bit of a faff to do.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

sean66

Add on Udders  :o
just like the chieftain side skirts  =)
regards
Sean

Techno II

Quote from: Leon on 01 November 2020, 11:43:49 PM
We could look at adding udders to half of the master castings and remould them to give a 50/50 mix of bullocks/cows, but it's a bit of a faff to do.

Does sound a bit of a faff.....But if you ever decide it's worth it, Leon, bung some down.

(How many of each are you talking about, Matey ?)

Cheers - Phil :)

Orcs

Quote from: Leon on 01 November 2020, 11:43:49 PM
Not currently unfortunately, I'll have to think about this one.  We could look at adding udders to half of the master castings and remould them to give a 50/50 mix of bullocks/cows, but it's a bit of a faff to do.

Sadly I think your right, It probably far too much faff to be commercially viable. They are only "dressing on the table".

DaveH

Irregular miniatures make 20mm cows that have udders - there is a photo if you moove down the list of figures on their website.