Proxy Figures Section

Started by Orcs, 24 October 2020, 08:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcs

24 October 2020, 08:14:41 PM Last Edit: 24 October 2020, 09:24:49 PM by Orcs
This was mentioned on a recent thread, and I think it would be very useful.

I have spoken to Leon before about models that should be in more then 1 list - the FT17 for example.  Apparently this is quite fiddly to do on the website, so a proxy list would be excellent.

Not sure the best way to organize it. Perhaps in periods like the resources section of the forum.

In fact it could be a subsection of the resources forum

Rescources -
                 Proxy Figures/Models
                                                 Ancient/Dark Ages
                                                 Medieval / Rennaissance
                                                 Firelocks to Maxims
                                                 20th Century
                                                 Modern
                                                 Fantasy /Sci-Fic
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Leman

An interesting point. I was thinking about an 1840s Dutch army using a mix of figures from the First Schleswig War and possibly some Napoleonic figures. Very little to go on at the moment as there is very little on Google probably as Dutch home forces were not involved in conflicts between 1839 and 1940. There is a tiny  bit of information in Knotel and Knotel.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Shedman

Sunray

Very useful.  My 1970 African Bush Wars are 99% proxy figures - the 1% being Irregular Minatures.

The recent Korean range was designed with max proxy in mind. 

Yes, a Proxy Figures section would be a win-win.  A useful resource for gamers, and extra sales for Pendraken.  Gets my vote.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Unfortuneatly we have to get one of the moderators to set it up - had a look yesterday. Leomn and Will shoiuld be fine - PHIL and tech  X_X
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

OldenBUA

Quote from: Leman on 25 October 2020, 07:42:38 AM
An interesting point. I was thinking about an 1840s Dutch army using a mix of figures from the First Schleswig War and possibly some Napoleonic figures. Very little to go on at the moment as there is very little on Google probably as Dutch home forces were not involved in conflicts between 1839 and 1940. There is a tiny  bit of information in Knotel and Knotel.

https://www.nmm.nl/zoeken-in-de-collectie/ let's you search the archives of the Dutch national military museum. Searching with 1840 shows a number of prints that may be useful.
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

Leman

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I dont have that authority.  .. sorry.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

All done!  I've not split it into genre/period sections just yet, we can do that if the board proves popular.  So, head over and add your proxy lists: http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/board,145.0.html
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno II

Quote from: mad lemmey on 25 October 2020, 11:57:33 PM
I dont have that authority.  .. sorry.

I wouldn't have tried...even if I could. (I'm fairly certain I can't do anything 'there' anyway.)

As Ian says......... X_X

Cheers - Phil

Leman

This sounds like an excellent idea. At the moment the Schleswig Brunswick and Saxon infantry look promising.

Sunray

Quote from: Leon on 26 October 2020, 01:30:36 AM
All done!  I've not split it into genre/period sections just yet, we can do that if the board proves popular.  So, head over and add your proxy lists: http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/board,145.0.html

Thanks Leon. We will bill you commission fees on sales.  ;D

Seriously, I do hope it has a positive retail impact for Pendraken.

DaveH

Great, I think I can add a fair amount of stuff for the Spanish Civil War as there is a lot of artillery used in it from WW1 and armour from WW2.

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: OldenBUA on 25 October 2020, 02:22:40 PM
https://www.nmm.nl/zoeken-in-de-collectie/ let's you search the archives of the Dutch national military museum. Searching with 1840 shows a number of prints that may be useful.

Thank you: already found some superb colonial wallguns.

https://www.nmm.nl/zoeken-in-de-collectie/?q=lantaka