Russian Napoleonic Dragoon standards/guidons

Started by rangerdad, 21 October 2020, 03:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rangerdad

Regardless of whether Russian dragoon regiments actually carried these in battle, as my pack contents include a standard bearer I shall be in need of flags

My usual Napflaf/Warflag resource has failed me, is there anything else for 10mm height Russian dragoon standards out there ?

jimduncanuk

Just cut a piece of copy paper the correct size and shape, PVA in place.

Paint it either deep red or dark blue according to your whim.

Dot a few bits of gold in the centre and the corners.

In 10mm it doesn't matter much.

It'll do for me.
My Ego forbids a signature.

Chad

Check out Maverick Model Flags. Stu will resize the depth of the flags to meet your requirements. He does this for me every time

Shedman

Quote from: Chad on 21 October 2020, 04:14:29 PM
Check out Maverick Model Flags. Stu will resize the depth of the flags to meet your requirements. He does this for me every time

Seconded

GrumpyOldMan

John Cook

21 October 2020, 11:25:39 PM #5 Last Edit: 21 October 2020, 11:46:49 PM by John Cook
Quote from: rangerdad on 21 October 2020, 03:54:13 PM
Regardless of whether Russian dragoon regiments actually carried these in battle, as my pack contents include a standard bearer I shall be in need of flags

My usual Napflaf/Warflag resource has failed me, is there anything else for 10mm height Russian dragoon standards out there ?

I suspect you might need to put your hand in your pocket although this site might help http://www.vexillographia.ru/russia/rarmy000.htm.  

GMB Designs have all Russian cavalry standards you are likely to need, but in 15mm and 28mm.  Where flags are concerned I buy larger scale anyway and use them as masters.  I scan them, resize them and print them myself.  If I make any mistakes when mounting them, I can just print more.