Peninsular non-kickstarter

Started by Orcs, 21 October 2020, 11:37:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcs

Any update on progress of this. especially the buildings?
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Leon

I've just been talking to Tony again this week and we've got some positive news for a change!

Tony's Dad isn't doing great but is still at the house with Tony while they sort things out with funding/care, etc.  The good news is that Tony's converted the shed into a workshop and has resumed sculpting work this week.  He's doing a quick 28mm commission to get himself back into the groove and then he'll be moving over to our Naps asap.  We'll update as soon as we receive the first batch!

This was the previous update:

Our sculptor (Tony) is still looking after his father in Somerset and hasn't been able to start on the sculpting side of things yet.  The initial diagnosis was that this would essentially be end-of-life care but the good news is that his father has recovered well and they're now looking at getting some social care in for a longer-term solution.  Tony's also working on converting a large shed into a workshop so that he can resume sculpting from his dad's house.  We're not sure on timescales at the moment but we'll let you know as soon as we have more info.

We also found out today that John at Ironclad had a heart attack last night and is currently in hospital awaiting test results.  He'd made a start on the buildings for the Peninsular project but obviously we won't be pestering him for those until he's back on his feet.  Our best wishes go out to John and hopefully he recovers quickly.

The current plan is to send out your pledges in batches, rather than one complete box.  If we can get the 'Add On' type stuff done (flags, buildings, wagons, civilians) we'll send those out to you first and give you something to work on.  The figures can then follow on separately when they've been sculpted and moulded.

And finally, thanks to everyone for your patience with this and we'll get your pledges sorted out as quickly as we can.  2020 just seems to be a year of absolute chaos so the sooner it's over the better I think!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

Good to hear that Tony is able to move towards some degree of normality
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

toxicpixie

Blimey! This year just keeps on giving, doesn't it :/

Best wishes to all involved, I think I can wait for however long it takes there!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Orcs

21 October 2020, 10:07:21 PM #4 Last Edit: 21 October 2020, 10:09:19 PM by Orcs
Yes, family come first. My toys can wait.

Not sure how I missed the last update

Best wishes to Tony and John.

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

whubble

No hurry, if not for Xmas, perhaps a good gift (to myself, of course) on Valentine's Day ;) All the very best to you and your family

Dragoon

If you are sending out Rifles with  one oficer and one bugler there are no s
Sergeants. A pack of five would be good. I have a 'Battalion' of 16 Hinton Hunt Riflemen including an Officer., but they never had a Sergeant.
As Riflemen were often deployed in half companies they need someone to take charge if the officer is out of action.
Regards

Mike L

John Cook

Quote from: Dragoon on 07 February 2021, 02:29:02 AM
If you are sending out Rifles with  one oficer and one bugler there are no s
Sergeants. A pack of five would be good. I have a 'Battalion' of 16 Hinton Hunt Riflemen including an Officer., but they never had a Sergeant.
As Riflemen were often deployed in half companies they need someone to take charge if the officer is out of action.

Other than a sash, a sergeant in the 95th would look exactly like a private. 

Dragoon

I know, but a model with rifle and sword bayonet fixed also a sash, would give a defined command presence for the independent companies when deployed.
Regards

Mike L