First ECW test unit.

Started by sheepman 1, 18 October 2020, 01:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheepman 1

18 October 2020, 01:39:48 PM Last Edit: 18 October 2020, 11:40:23 PM by Leon
I don't intend starting this project for a while yet but having just received these figures I simply couldn't resist painting up one unit and of course it hade to be the King's Lifeguard.
The unit is 90mm width to fit onto Kallistra hexes and will hopefully because of it's smaller than usual size allow more maneuvering room and greater depth when using my 7' x 4' table.

Blog site here: http://thenorthumbrianwargamer.blogspot.com/search/label/10mm%20ECW

Dave.

Pics resized.

Techno II

They look damn fine, to me !

Cheers - Phil :)

mmcv

Quote from: sheepman 1 on 18 October 2020, 01:39:48 PM
I don't intend starting this project for a while yet but having just received these figures I simply couldn't resist painting up one unit and of course it hade to be the King's Lifeguard.
The unit is 90mm width to fit onto Kallistra hexes and will hopefully because of it's smaller than usual size allow more maneuvering room and greater depth when using my 7' x 4' table.

Blog site here: http://thenorthumbrianwargamer.blogspot.com/search/label/10mm%20ECW

Dave.

Excellent work there, I took the liberty of resizing the images to be easier to see on screen

mmcv

I really like the command stand at the front, I'm actually experimenting with chopping up some hexagonal bases for attached command stands myself so good to know it looks well!

Steve J

sheepman 1

Thanks guys, mmcv, how do you re size the pictures? I'm a bit of a Luddite as far as these things go!
Dave.

Techno II

You should worry . X_X X_X

Cheers - Phil

mmcv

Quote from: sheepman 1 on 18 October 2020, 03:16:17 PM
Thanks guys, mmcv, how do you re size the pictures? I'm a bit of a Luddite as far as these things go!
Dave.

No worries, you managed to get the image posted which is most of the battle. You just need to add a height or width to the img tag you add, e.g.

[img width=800]https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-O4sEkCaqRuY/X4svDvogCVI/AAAAAAAAImg/OTmz656jJboaSbOyoMnePyvsFfj8U1WuACLcBGAsYHQ/s2048/DSC_5946.JPG[/img]

I find width=800 works well in most scenarios. You can use the preview button to see how it looks.

sheepman 1

Cheers bud, computers are supposed to be the most logical of appliances but sometimes they just do weird things, I haven't adjusted my camera or settings and yet once in a while huge pictures appear when there not meant to!  =)
Dave.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

mmcv

Quote from: sheepman 1 on 18 October 2020, 07:11:56 PM
Cheers bud, computers are supposed to be the most logical of appliances but sometimes they just do weird things, I haven't adjusted my camera or settings and yet once in a while huge pictures appear when there not meant to!  =)
Dave.

Computers do exactly what you tell them to do. The problem is that by the time your message gets to the computer it's passed through several layers of programs that humans (often fueled by too much or too little caffeine) have written to interpret your message in multiple different ways. Like Google translating a Google translate that had been heard by Chinese whispers.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Poggle

Speirs101

Lovely job, reminds me to finish off my ECW project.

Westmarcher

Impressive! plus neat basing with its credible formation and innovative command base.   :-bd
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.