Republic P-47D Thunderbolt

Started by MSawyer, 13 October 2020, 04:56:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MSawyer

Hi, was just wondering if you guys have considered making a P-47D Thunderbolt for your WWII aircraft range?
Keep your stick on the ice.

sean66

their Aircraft are not made by Pendraken.
but are made by Raiden in 1/285th scale.
regards
Sean

fsn

... and a lovely thing it is too!

Raiden is on the Minibits website.

https://www.minibits.net/raiden-aircraft/wwii/american/

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

There is a P-47 in 1/144th scale by Revell - been oop for years but you may be able to find one,
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

sean66

:- thinking about it
is MSawyer on about the WW2 planes on the main site (i'm not sure they are the Raiden Aircraft)
regards
Sean

MSawyer

Quote from: sean66 on 13 October 2020, 09:17:43 AM
:- thinking about it
is MSawyer on about the WW2 planes on the main site (i'm not sure they are the Raiden Aircraft)
regards
Sean

Yes, and I have just order 4 of the Razorback types from Minibits. :)

Leon

Quote from: MSawyer on 13 October 2020, 09:59:45 PM
Yes, and I have just order 4 of the Razorback types from Minibits. :)

Thanks for the order, I feel obliged to let you know that we import them from the US though, so it might be a lot cheaper/quicker to get them direct from I-94 in Michigan?  Let me know what you'd prefer to do and we'll get it sorted out for you.

Quote from: MSawyer on 13 October 2020, 04:56:06 AM
Hi, was just wondering if you guys have considered making a P-47D Thunderbolt for your WWII aircraft range?

To reply to the original query as well, aircraft are a lot more expensive to get designed/sculpted, so it's not usually financially viable to get them done.  I am looking at some 3D print options for the future though.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

Quote from: Leon on 13 October 2020, 11:10:32 PM
Thanks for the order, I feel obliged to let you know that we import them from the US though, so it might be a lot cheaper/quicker to get them direct from I-94 in Michigan?  Let me know what you'd prefer to do and we'll get it sorted out for you.

Pendraken level service once again :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

MSawyer

To reply to the original query as well, aircraft are a lot more expensive to get designed/sculpted, so it's not usually financially viable to get them done.  I am looking at some 3D print options for the future though.

Oh! Thanks for the information! If they are made in the US then I suppose I will get them from I-94.  :-[ I also understand about sculpting new molds for minis. It must take some time and resources to do.

John Cook

By the time you paid postage and VAT, if your order is over £15 in value, and paid the PO to collect it, I doubt you'd save much getting them from the US.

sean66

14 October 2020, 09:17:41 AM #11 Last Edit: 14 October 2020, 02:40:25 PM by Leon

As always great customer support !
regards
Sean

Quote fixed

Leon

Quote from: MSawyer on 13 October 2020, 11:53:51 PM
Oh! Thanks for the information! If they are made in the US then I suppose I will get them from I-94.  :-[ I also understand about sculpting new molds for minis. It must take some time and resources to do.

No worries, I'll get that refunded from this end and you can grab them from I-94 instead.  All of the ordering info for them is on their site here and Dave's a great guy to deal with: https://i-94enterprises.com/ordering/

Quote from: John Cook on 14 October 2020, 12:08:04 AM
By the time you paid postage and VAT, if your order is over £15 in value, and paid the PO to collect it, I doubt you'd save much getting them from the US.

MSawyer's in the US so he won't have to worry about the fees and stuff. 
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

John Cook

MSawyer's in the US so he won't have to worry about the fees and stuff. 
[/quote]

I didn't grasp that important point  :-[

Your prices, nevertheless, bearing in mind that they come all from across the pond are pretty competitive.  I thought I'd discovered a new source of 1/144 until I took a look at your list.