How......?

Started by Techno II, 11 October 2020, 11:20:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno II

Can I get 'an important' Windows update to download......when the auto update system has failed to do this...... getting on for 20 times....(I've looked. ;))

I've switched auto update off.....and tried to do it 'manually'....But all that happens, is that it STARTS downloading......and then gets stuck at around 30-40%....

I've left the frigging thing running for HOURS...and it just doesn't seem to want to play.

Any ideas ?

Cheers - Phil

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Depends on lots of things. Are you still running 7, how old is the box, is there enough disk space left etec etc. First turn auto update back on, you need to check the update compatiblity as well. Is it important ? I've not had any updates recently.

And that lot has totally confused you. If the update you are trying to do is important, and its effecting your m/c performance take it into one of your local small tech shops and get them to look at it. It is always sumat very silly
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno II

8 point "summink", Ian.

There's still FAR more free space on the PC than I'm ever even remotely likely to use...Before it dies.

I guess that as far as age is concerned......It's getting on a wee bit......It still works absolutely more than fine...apart from silly odd glitches, like this.I

Thanks, Matey.

Cheers - Phil :)