Libertad! - Print version - Errors?

Started by Prophaniti, 07 October 2020, 10:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prophaniti

Just received my copy of Libertad! and had a good read through and enjoyed it.  It's certainly something I'll consider dabbling in on the tabletop at some point.  However, just because of the sort of person I am, I couldn't help but notice a few things:
1. The Moroccan Tabors list has the same flavour text as the Foreign Legion.
2. The stats for Italian veteran infantry seem incorrect.
3. Every instance of the T26 is described as being the 37mm version, but that's a twin-turret model.  I'm pretty sure that all SCW T26's are the later single turret tanks with the 45mm gun.

That's it, something's always going to get through in a project like this, and 3 errors is not bad.

Big Insect

07 October 2020, 11:27:03 PM #1 Last Edit: 07 October 2020, 11:28:55 PM by Big Insect
Quote from: Prophaniti on 07 October 2020, 10:02:29 PM
Just received my copy of Libertad! and had a good read through and enjoyed it.  It's certainly something I'll consider dabbling in on the tabletop at some point.  However, just because of the sort of person I am, I couldn't help but notice a few things:
1. The Moroccan Tabors list has the same flavour text as the Foreign Legion.
2. The stats for Italian veteran infantry seem incorrect.
3. Every instance of the T26 is described as being the 37mm version, but that's a twin-turret model.  I'm pretty sure that all SCW T26's are the later single turret tanks with the 45mm gun.
That's it, something's always going to get through in a project like this, and 3 errors is not bad.

Many thanks -
1. well spotted on the Moroccan Tabor list text - an editorial error with an accidental transcription of the Foreign Legion descriptive text (I'll dig back into the draft text and publish the correct script)
2. the stats for the Italian veteran infantry are incorrect they should be 45pts - INF:LI - 10 - 3/30 - / - 4 - 6 - / - 3 Veteran
3. you are also right about the T26 - it should be the 45mm single turret version with an AP 1/50 - AT 2/60  at 60pts - all other stats are the same.

Cheers
Mark
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

tony6655

Yes I noticed the errors in Libertad, also somewhere in the lists units marked in the notes as Veteran seem to cost less than they should. Overall a good effort though and it's revived my interest in the SCW.

Leon

Just to update on these, I'll have the edits tweaked and uploaded to Wargame Vault this weekend. Everyone who has bought a pdf copy will automatically get the new version in their account/library.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

tony6655

Also, I notice that many lists have "pioneers" AND " engineers " with identical stars ! Why not just double the number of engineers ?
        Yours,
                 Tony.