Noktus 15mm Miniatures

Started by Noktu, 07 October 2020, 08:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Sanding or roughing a resin surface should be fine, but anything that will cause a lot of dust/debris would need a mask.  We don't deal with resin production ourselves but most of the resin companies I know use respirators when dealing with sanding/cleaning up the products.

We can produce rounded corners in MDF as well, no worries there.  We could do them in 3mm MDF as well if you wanted.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Noktu

But yeah guys, save yourselves the headache and just get these from Leon. Just wanted to give you a heads up, that you'll end up cleaning these bases more than your figures.

mmcv

Plus you get that nice smell of freshly lasered MDF when you open the bag.

I made the mistake of ordering some bases from a supplier in eBay in the past and they came as a set of punch outs in a frame, i.e. cut most of the way but still attached to a frame by tags. Bit of a faff to snap out and smooth those edges. Fully precut is best.

Noktu

29 October 2020, 03:47:55 PM #18 Last Edit: 29 October 2020, 03:56:45 PM by Noktu
Heya,

Wanted to give a small update here how everything is coming together.

I found this "old-school" Rules light RPG system called Maze Rats, which we'll be using for some dungeon crawling madness when I get my 15mm set pieces from Leon and get them painted up. Most of the miniatures I've done already, except have not yet added flock to the bases. (if anyone is interested in the rules, I've got them in PDF format.)

Also: Leon was nice enough to let me order these customised bases from him in mdf.

A couple of shots from some of the pieces where I try to convey and set the feel for this adventure.

A Mage in Trouble

4 by Atte, on Flickr

Adventurers

6 by Atte, on Flickr

Against All Odds

5 by Atte, on Flickr

Techno II

Very atmospheric, Atte !  :-bd

SUPER job !

Cheers - Phil

mmcv

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

sean66

those figure look really good.
regards
Sean

Noktu

Heya!

Managed to take some pictures from what I've got painted up. (There's some more pictures on Flickr)

11 by Atte, on Flickr

14 by Atte, on Flickr

15 by Atte, on Flickr

16 by Atte, on Flickr

19 by Atte, on Flickr

21 by Atte, on Flickr

24 by Atte, on Flickr

26 by Atte, on Flickr

28 by Atte, on Flickr

29 by Atte, on Flickr

30 by Atte, on Flickr

34 by Atte, on Flickr

36 by Atte, on Flickr

38 by Atte, on Flickr

41 by Atte, on Flickr

Techno II

Lovely work, Atte !  :-bd

Cheers - Phil.  :)

Ithoriel

Spectacular stuff!

One question, fourth image down. Second base from the left. What exactly is that? It looks like someone being assassinated to me :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Noktu

Quote from: Ithoriel on 05 February 2021, 03:25:11 PM
Spectacular stuff!

One question, fourth image down. Second base from the left. What exactly is that? It looks like someone being assassinated to me :)

Thank you guys!

At first I thought the other knight was being held hostage, but turns out the other knight is holding his wounded fellow up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Excellent work on those..

thought it was two drunken knights after a (k)night on the tiles! 🍺🍸🍻
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

mmcv