Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

MSawyer

Keep your stick on the ice.

d_Guy

Welcome Matt!

I'm a pre-1700 gamer so not much use on your interest area but anything in 10mm is great.

Incidentally, is you first language American?  I do hope so. ;)
Sleep with clean hands ...

GrumpyOldMan

Hello Matt

If you're interested in Sudan you could do worse than look at the remake of the Sands Of Sudan rules spread through the With Pyjamas in the Desert blog https://withpyjamasthroughthedessert.blogspot.com/2013/06/peter-gilders-sands-of-sudan-rules.html. They are cooperative/solo rules based on the 'Pony Wars' rules. Lot of fun

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

jimduncanuk

Quote from: GrumpyOldMan on 07 October 2020, 11:29:37 PM

If you're interested in Sudan you could do worse than look at the remake of the Sands Of Sudan rules spread through the With Pyjamas in the Desert blog https://withpyjamasthroughthedessert.blogspot.com/2013/06/peter-gilders-sands-of-sudan-rules.html. They are cooperative/solo rules based on the 'Pony Wars' rules. Lot of fun

That's exactly what I am doing with my Sands of Sudan Project.
My Ego forbids a signature.

MSawyer

Quote from: GrumpyOldMan on 07 October 2020, 11:29:37 PM
Hello Matt

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Oh Neat!

Scorpio_Rocks

:-h  Welcome aboard, Sir!  :-h

Colonial period a fine choice! I play a lot of "The Men Who Would be Kings" from Osprey (  :-$ in a larger scale - I wish, with hindsight, I had committed to 6 or 10mm)
"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.

MSawyer

Quote from: Scorpio_Rocks on 08 October 2020, 04:08:41 PM
:-h  Welcome aboard, Sir!  :-h

Colonial period a fine choice! I play a lot of "The Men Who Would be Kings" from Osprey (  :-$ in a larger scale - I wish, with hindsight, I had committed to 6 or 10mm)

Nice! I also want to do some WWII/Korea stuff as well.  8)

fsn

Quote from: MSawyer on 08 October 2020, 06:58:07 PM
Nice! I also want to do some WWII/Korea stuff as well.  8)
Now you're talking!

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

MSawyer

fsn

My manager was messing about with a quiz function on our new intranet. She set up a question which had a picture of an M18 on it. The question was "what kind of tank is this?" Obviously, having watched the Chieftain's history of the US Tank Destroyer force, I was able not only to disabuse her of the notion that the M18 was a tank, but also gave her a concise origin story and description of usage. 

She won't try that again.

Anyway, long story short, I'm a M10 man myself.  If it was good enough for Otto Skorzeny, it is good enough for me!
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

MSawyer

Quote from: fsn on 08 October 2020, 10:04:50 PM
My manager was messing about with a quiz function on our new intranet. She set up a question which had a picture of an M18 on it. The question was "what kind of tank is this?" Obviously, having watched the Chieftain's history of the US Tank Destroyer force, I was able not only to disabuse her of the notion that the M18 was a tank, but also gave her a concise origin story and description of usage. 

She won't try that again.

Anyway, long story short, I'm a M10 man myself.  If it was good enough for Otto Skorzeny, it is good enough for me!

Yeah, M10s are cool too. I kinda like both though.  :D

Dave Fielder

Welcome Mr Sawyer, a fine name from your part of the World. An Ironic introduction with a former Colonial interested in Colonial Warfare, I think we may enjoy the company. There is normality in the madness here, the insanity is refreshing.
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis