Greetings from Western Mass!

Started by MSawyer, 07 October 2020, 04:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MSawyer

Hi there! My name is Matt, and I am just getting into 10mm wargaming. My father is a wargamer, and I have experience as a scale modeller. I want to try my hand 10mm Colonials, particularly French Foreign Legion, the Boxer Rebellion, and the Anglo-Zulu War. I am from Western Mass, and hope to meet some more 10mm wargamers!
Keep your stick on the ice.

fsn

Welcome Matt.

Well done on your choice of "the One True Scale" - 10mm.

Well done on your choice of supplier - Pendraken. Great company, and lovely people.

Photos of your progress, please.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

MSawyer

Sure! Any specific thread I could post Colonials?

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

More da*ned colonials, the tone of this mess is falling !  :'(

Welcome - there are time period sections, use which ever seems appropriate - your stuff is late 19th and early 20th Century.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

MSawyer

Haha, Thanks! I also want to try WWII to present as well.

Orcs

Welcome Matt,

You will find Pendraken's customer service is Excellent. Probably second to none. 

The French Foreign legion range is quite small, but you can find additional suitable figures in the 19th Century South Pacific war of 1979-1884.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Steve J

MSawyer

Thanks for the information and greetings!

hammurabi70

If we are talking Colonials when did the British Army wear white pith helmets and red tunics?   I have always fancied having some of those so are they in the Pendraken range?

MSawyer

That, along with the French Foreign Legion and the Boxer Rebellion. I have some from Pendraken.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

mmcv

Welcome! Looking forward to seeing your work   :D

MSawyer

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

MSawyer