Old face, New place

Started by Leman, 06 October 2020, 10:28:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_Guy

Welcome back, Leman.
I have missed your informative battle reports and your very stylish tabletops. I look forward to their resumption. May you enjoy your new home.
Sleep with clean hands ...

mmcv

Welcome back, sounds like you've had a busy time of it but glad to hear you're settling in

hammurabi70

Quote from: Leman on 06 October 2020, 10:28:37 AM
Greetings from the Netherlands everybody. I arrived here in Delfzijl on July 14th and have found myself in a great part of the world. Delfzijl is the fifth largest port in the Netherlands and saw heavy fighting by the Canadians right at the end of the war in Europe. Delfzijl is situated near the mouth of the Eems river, with Germany being four miles away on the other side. The whole country is steeped in a different sort of history to the UK, being part of the continental land mass. Indeed the twn was a starfort until the early C19th, with a couple of the gates and some bits of zigzag moat still remaining.

Great stuff!  A little envious but not too much: when I visited there twenty-two years ago it struck me as rather quiet, especially compared to being in London. Your observations will be of interest.

Techno II

Welcome back, Andy !  :-bd

Cheers - Phil :)

Leman

Well Orcs, there are two very useful words in Dutch - warrom, meaning why and darrom, meaning that's why. Thus warrom? Brexit, darrom! I now feel I am in a country which is very uplifting.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Orcs

Quote from: Leman on 06 October 2020, 09:20:45 PM
Well Orcs, there are two very useful words in Dutch - warrom, meaning why and darrom, meaning that's why. Thus warrom? Brexit, darrom! I now feel I am in a country which is very uplifting.

Well I hope you have a long and pleasant and enjoyable time in Holland. I found the place very welcoming on the times I have been there
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Leon

Welcome back Andy and congrats on the move!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

OldenBUA

Quote from: Orcs on 06 October 2020, 10:40:37 PM
Well I hope you have a long and pleasant and enjoyable time in Holland.

>:( >:( >:(

The guy is definitely not in Holland... Delft, yes. Delfzijl, no.

But yes, enjoy your stay in the Netherlands.
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

FierceKitty

Quote from: OldenBUA on 07 October 2020, 12:56:54 AM
>:( >:( >:(

The guy is definitely not in Holland... Delft, yes. Delfzijl, no.

But yes, enjoy your stay in the Netherlands.

Next you'll be saying Inverness isn't in England, you pedant. ;)
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Ms Sturgon is sending an RSPCA inspector after you Alexander.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

paulr

Welcome back, great to hear the move is going well, I hope you continue to stay safe and enjoy your new life
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!