Vapnartak (York) Show 2021 Cancelled

Started by Orcs, 02 October 2020, 01:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcs

Hi all

Just seen this. To be expected , but a shame nevertheless.

http://vapnartak.co.uk/
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Leon

Yeah, they've moved quickly to cancel that one, it came as a bit of a surprise on the timing front, but not unexpected in a Covid sense.  I think we'll lose WMMS and Hammerhead soon as well, as the '6 max' restrictions are likely to be in place until the end of March.  Which then throws Salute into doubt, will the government go from '6 max' on March 31st to '6000 is fine' only 10 days later?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Steve J

Sad but no unexpected. I can't see many shows going ahead next year, even if we do get a vaccine. There was a good article on the BBC News website outlining the logistical issues when we do get one, which is worth a read if you can find it.

jimduncanuk

<q>here was a good article on the BBC News website outlining the logistical issues when we do get one, which is worth a read if you can find it.</q>

I can't find it.
My Ego forbids a signature.

Ben Waterhouse

Quote from: jimduncanuk on 02 October 2020, 04:16:06 PM
<q>here was a good article on the BBC News website outlining the logistical issues when we do get one, which is worth a read if you can find it.</q>

I can't find it.

Is it this article?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54371559
Arma Pacis Fulcra

jimduncanuk

My Ego forbids a signature.

Steve J

Yep, that's the one and mea culpa for forgetting to add a link to the article :-[.

John Cook

Yep, it is the end of civilisation as we know it.  When, I wonder, are the media going to stop all the negativity.  They thrive on it and have done in spades since the pandemic hit. 

Nick the Lemming

Quote from: John Cook on 03 October 2020, 01:47:03 AM
Yep, it is the end of civilisation as we know it.  When, I wonder, are the media going to stop all the negativity.  They thrive on it and have done in spades since the pandemic hit. 

Maybe when people stop dying from this horrible virus?

Techno II

Quote from: John Cook on 03 October 2020, 01:47:03 AM
When, I wonder, are the media going to stop all the negativity.

I'm positive that 'the media' always prefer bad/awful news over good/cheerful stuff, whatever's going on.

Anyone remember the very old 'News at 10', when they used to end with "And finally...." With something to make you smile.
I assume they don't do that anymore.

Cheers - Phil ;)

Ben Waterhouse

Arma Pacis Fulcra

Scorpio_Rocks

Such a shame - Really brings it home that Covid-19 is not just destroying 2020!

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.