Operation Sealion Game 3

Started by Steve J, 01 October 2020, 01:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Good account. The major german problem should be logistics, there would be a load of angry grey ships flying white ensigns around the south coast.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Steve J

You're right Ian. As these are FJ, it is even harder to re-supply them, if at all.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Great report
There is a hidden 'remove formatting' button, its most useful on Blogger.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd

Perhaps C Company's flanking attack was a little too ambitious, they never really got into the fight  :-\
Would they have been more use moving over to support the left and letting A company do the flanking move :-\
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno II

Nice one, Steve.  :-bd

Cheers - Phil  :)

Steve J

@Paul. Possibly 'A' Co could have moved earlier (they tried and failed) to make the flank attack and 'C' Co could have occupied their trenches or moved over to the left flank. For 'C' co the distance was about the same and moving in plain sight would have exposed them to possibly murderous mortar fire. Always good to have fresh eyes on things like this and gives me food for thought.

paulr

Its always easier in hindsight ;)

I was thinking of moving C Company through the wooded hills, or would that have slowed them down too much?

Hit the Germans with fire from the trees as they come over the railway...

Definitely an interesting game :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!