Rulebook pages coming out

Started by Itinerant Hobbyist, 28 September 2020, 09:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itinerant Hobbyist

I'm starting to find a few pages coming out of the book. I don't normally keep it open for long periods of time or cram it full of paper. More bringing it to the attention for QC purposes

Leon

Quote from: Itinerant Hobbyist on 28 September 2020, 09:46:15 PM
I'm starting to find a few pages coming out of the book. I don't normally keep it open for long periods of time or cram it full of paper. More bringing it to the attention for QC purposes

Sadly we've had this on quite a few of the copies and it's extremely frustrating, especially as it had happened on some BKC-III's and we'd specifically raised it with the printers prior to hitting the 'Go' button on IV.  Let me know if it's a nuisance and I'll get a fresh copy over to ou straightaway.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Norm

I sliced the spine off mine and took it to Rymans (UK stationer), to be spiral bound - very happy with the functionality of the result.

sultanbev

My copy o f BKC.IV is also falling apart. Masking tape is a temporary cure.

However I do suggest looking into a different binding methodology for CWC2

Mark

Leon

Quote from: sultanbev on 13 October 2020, 06:06:07 PM
However I do suggest looking into a different binding methodology for CWC2

It's definitely a conversation we'll be having in stronger terms than last time, as I'm not having this happen for a 3rd time.  Also, the plan going forward is to have the army lists as separate downloads and not in the rulebook, so the thinner page count should help with the binding as well.

One tip I have seen is to iron the rulebooks!  I know it sounds daft, but if you get it all lined up and clamp the binding, you can run an iron down the spine to warm up the glue and get them to set again.  If the whole cover has come off and the spine is exposed, you can also run a bead of superglue down the pages and then put the cover back in place.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

petercooman

Pherhaps not what you all want to hear, but with the absent of our by-weekly game due to covid, the binding on mine is still pristine  :'( :'( :'( :'(

sean66

Quote from: petercooman on 14 October 2020, 01:28:57 PM
Pherhaps not what you all want to hear, but with the absent of our by-weekly game due to covid, the binding on mine is still pristine  :'( :'( :'( :'(
Mines still in its wrapping  ;D
regards
Sean