Lead Mountain...A Final Solution

Started by Heedless Horseman, 26 September 2020, 03:45:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heedless Horseman

26 September 2020, 03:45:34 AM Last Edit: 26 September 2020, 03:56:43 AM by Heedless Horseman
Ok...on the whisky as usual! :( BUT:
For Dedicated Wargamers who sadly decease  :( ...whilst'  bequeathing a Massive 'Leadpile' to their grieving relatives  :o... Why not stipulate that said Leadpile should be put to the furnace and Re-Cast...as a fitting receptacle for the afterlife?  ;D
'Viking' funeral, Celtic  'Votive' offering, 'Swords into Ploughshares'...or, just "DO it or you don't get the rest!"  :d
You CAN take it with You...just to keep 'busy'!  ;)
Will keep the smelly stuff in...and be a Real B****r for Someone Else!  :d

Yeah, maybe Shouldn't joke...BUT, WTH not?   ;)  ;D
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

Steve J

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Westmarcher

Was going to suggest burial with one's collection (who knows, you may feature in a future version of Time Team) but then I realised the coffins for most of you would probably have to be the size of a shipping container!  ;D
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Raider4

Quote from: Westmarcher on 26 September 2020, 09:42:48 AM
. . . probably have to be the size of a shipping container!  ;D

Hey! I'm not quite that big!

Yet . . .

Ithoriel

My  kids have suggested I be buried with my armies arrayed around me like the Qin emperor. :)

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: Westmarcher on 26 September 2020, 09:42:48 AM
Was going to suggest burial with one's collection (who knows, you may feature in a future version of Time Team) but then I realised the coffins for most of you would probably have to be the size of a shipping container!  ;D

Handy sinkers if contemplating burial at sea.

But seriously folks, what a waste: This is why we have clubs and social networks - to ensure his stuff finds a new grateful owner.

Orcs

Quote from: steve_holmes_11 on 26 September 2020, 12:47:28 PM
Handy sinkers if contemplating burial at sea.

But seriously folks, what a waste: This is why we have clubs and social networks - to ensure his stuff finds a new grateful owner.

We have lost a couple of members, and  a lot of their collection has been bought by other members. But they are always referred to as the deceased members figures, not the new owner. So they live on in their figures.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

hammurabi70

A friend was buried with one of his 15mm ancient elements ... and his football shirt.

fsn

Maybe I could have my lead mountain made into a life size statue of me, pointing nobly into the future, my handsome features set in a stern yet approachable expression.

Possibly done as a historical warrior - perhaps an outfit that can show off my shapely calves and strong, manly thighs.

When I feel the cold hand reaching for me, I can order a few more Centurions, so I can have a added extra. This will, of course draw the ladies, especially if I can start a few rumours about the efficacy of my manliness, so that the statue is the subject of nocturnal visits by those of the fairer sex seeking solace.

Thus, I shall in death be as I am in life.

A liar and a fantasist.   
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: fsn on 26 September 2020, 06:47:43 PM
my handsome features set in a stern yet approachable expression, done as a historical warrior - perhaps an outfit that can show off my shapely calves and strong, manly thighs.
A liar and a fantasist.   

Can I have some of whatever it is you are taking Nobby  :P
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

paulr

Quote from: Orcs on 26 September 2020, 03:51:02 PM
We have lost a couple of members, and  a lot of their collection has been bought by other members. But they are always referred to as the deceased members figures, not the new owner. So they live on in their figures.

Same here
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!