First outing with Shadow of the Eagles

Started by mmcv, 23 September 2020, 10:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmcv

Had a couple of free hours this evening and decided to give the 'in progress' Napoleonic ruleset from Keith Flint a go, Shadow of the Eagles.

The fictional Redovian Commonwealth and Kingdom of Brunvinia meet at a sleepy town in this battle report:

https://mmcvhistoryhome.wordpress.com/2020/09/23/battle-reports-shadow-of-the-eagles/

Some sample pics of the action:

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

jambo1

Good read, and really nice to see some 2mm stuff on show, really enjoyed the report and pictures. :)

Steve J

Nice little AAR Matt and a good way to get to grips with the rules.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

mmcv

Thanks for the comments, definitely keen to give them another spin at some point now that I'm more familiar. This was a very small table, 100cmx50cm, and the town took up a fair chunk of it so the action was reasonably cramped. Next time I may go with something a bit more open, with maybe just some hills and the odd farm.

Once I got into the flow of it though it began to move pretty quickly.

I really like 2mm for this sort of thing. The troops are done primarily for BBB Crimean war so I have heaps of infantry but not much by way of cavalry. Easy to add a few units quickly though. Once I get the paints out again I've all the French to do, which will give me another set of troop options. Can play around with a lot of options before deciding which bigger figures and period to go for. All the potential uniforms and different hats and buttons and braids can get pretty overwhelming.

I've also got some pike and shot samples in 2mm as the distinctive unit silhouettes look well there. But that's a whole other project!