Greetings from California

Started by Baron Von Kranky, 22 September 2020, 11:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsn

Welcome von Kranky.

I'm a great believer in ACW as a "starter" period.  You don't have to start with lots of different troop types, the uniforms are relatively straightforward and there is a lot of information and inspiration available.

Once you've got a grasp, you can add in new features and more exotic troop types.

Not only that, the Pendraken ACW range is comprehensive and has some really good sculpts.

There are lots of sensible people here who will readily help with any painting queries.

Enjoy!

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

mollinary

Welcome!  As many have said, this is a great forum (if you can cope with the dreadful puns and weak jokes!) with lots of extremely knowledgeable folk who, if they can't answer your questions directly, can usually show you where to find the answer. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.  For what it is worth, I have large Pendraken armies in ECW, WSS, SYW, APW and FPW plus two small (for me) Norman and Saxon armies. Also 15mm SYW armies, and 6mm Ancients and Napoleonic.
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

T13A

Hi

Welcome. SYW and ACW simply two of the best periods to wargame. Just wish I had started my ACW in 10mm.......

Cheers Paul
T13A Out!