New 1870 Prussians in greatcoats!

Started by Leon, 19 September 2020, 10:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

19 September 2020, 10:20:31 PM Last Edit: 19 September 2020, 10:31:04 PM by Leon
We've got another little release today with a few extra poses of 1860/70 Prussian infantry in greatcoat.  These were done by Techno as customer conversions on our existing PPW7 and PPW30 packs to simply add greatcoats, and will provide some handy extra options for your winter armies.

19th Century Europe
1860/70 Prussian - https://pendraken.co.uk/19th-century/europe/186070s-prussian/
PPW22   Line in greatcoat and pickelhaube, advancing   £5.50
PPW23   Line in greatcoat and pickelhaube, skirmishing   £5.50

And the pics of course:

PPW22 - Line in greatcoat and pickelhaube, advancing

PPW23 - Line in greatcoat and pickelhaube, skirmishing

We hope you like them!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I like them, but after my 1864 Prussian forces, I know how easy they will be to paint, so my bank balance hates them while I L❤VE them.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

mollinary

20 September 2020, 02:13:38 PM #5 Last Edit: 20 September 2020, 02:15:15 PM by mollinary
I like these.... a lot  - but,  a question if I may?  On the two figures which were advancing, do I see a 'roll' modelled over the backpack and around the chest?  Similarly, the standing loading figure seems to have the same.  If so, I fear it would need to be removed as the 'roll' worn by the Prussians was not, if I have it correctly,  a 'blanket roll' but actually the greatcoat rolled up!  Also, one of the two figures appears to have a buttoned patch on his right cuff?  If so, this is also incorrect, as the large cuffs on the greatcoat have no distinctions at all.  Sorry to nitpick, but Pendraken are normally brilliant on these matters!  Of course, it could all be an illusion caused by my poor eyesight and the difficulty of picking out details in a photograph of an unpainted casting.
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: mollinary on 20 September 2020, 02:13:38 PM
I like these.... a lot  - but,  a question if I may?  On the two figures which were advancing, do I see a 'roll' modelled over the backpack and around the chest?  Similarly, the standing loading figure seems to have the same.  If so, I fear it would need to be removed as the 'roll' worn by the Prussians was not, if I have it correctly,  a 'blanket roll' but actually the greatcoat rolled up!  Also, one of the two figures appears to have a buttoned patch on his right cuff?  If so, this is also incorrect, as the large cuffs on the greatcoat have no distinctions at all.  Sorry to nitpick, but Pendraken are normally brilliant on these matters!  Of course, it could all be an illusion caused by my poor eyesight and the difficulty of picking out details in a photograph of an unpainted casting.

To be honest, I'm not sure.  These were a conversion job commissioned by one of our customers (similar to your ECW casualties) so we'd left them to chat to Techno about the details.  I can check the sculpts when I'm back in work next and see what's there.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

mollinary

H8 Leon,  thanks for this.  Actually conditions were so bad that winter that the Germans ended up wearing almost anything they could find, including items of French uniforms from captured depots (not the famous red trousers though, they were  so iconic they could easily be followed by a Prussian bullet!).  So perhaps it represents a bit of carpet cut up to provide some extra warmth.   Happy birthday., by the way!

Andrew
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Leon

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Leon

Quote from: ianrs54 on 22 September 2020, 07:29:22 AM
How;s the picture in the attic Leon ?

We had to throw it in the skip, the eldest lives in the loft now...

Leman

Definitely my period and I will need some for Last Throw of the Dice and The Somme 1870-71. These will add real variety to my winter armies.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!