Gareth Comes Home

Started by pierre the shy, 19 September 2020, 09:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pierre the shy

Blimey its a while since anyones been in this board.

Well couldn't resist it since us long suffering THFC supporters - yes there is more than one ;) -  actually had a bit of good news today as Gareth Bale's long anticipated return on loan from Real Madrid was confirmed along with the permanent signing of his Real team mate defender Sergio Reguilon.

OK no gaurantee that Spurs will win the Premier League (I wish  ;D ) but certainly make them a better team with Bale and Regulion on the park (not that that would be difficult given the poor form in the first couple of games they've played so far this season).
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

jimduncanuk

My Ego forbids a signature.

Leon

It'll be interesting to see how he adapts to life back in the Premier League.  His attitude hasn't been great for large portions of his time in Madrid so he needs to get his head down and just start playing again.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

pierre the shy

Yep entirely agree Leon, he will have to justify the reputed 5 - 600,000 pounds a week he's being paid by Spurs and Real, hopefully by scoring lots of goals.

Raider4

Doesn't matter who they've got, as long as that miserable git is still the manager.

Leon

Quote from: pierre the shy on 19 September 2020, 10:37:44 PM
Yep entirely agree Leon, he will have to justify the reputed 5 - 600,000 pounds a week he's being paid by Spurs and Real, hopefully by scoring lots of goals.

That really is a ridiculous sum of money isn't it!  If he gets up to speed quickly it'll make for some exciting counter-attacks with Bale and Son running the channels.  What have you thought of Kane over the past few months (since the football restarted)?  He's looked quite lethargic and not his usual self to me?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

pierre the shy

Quote from: Leon on 19 September 2020, 10:55:58 PM
That really is a ridiculous sum of money isn't it!  If he gets up to speed quickly it'll make for some exciting counter-attacks with Bale and Son running the channels.  What have you thought of Kane over the past few months (since the football restarted)?  He's looked quite lethargic and not his usual self to me?

They really peaked in that 2019 Champions League semi final against Man City and have been coasting since then. I don't see any live TV games in NZ (far too expensive to justify) but they were looking pretty sad playing in their last Europa League qualifier against a Bulgarian side till the opposition was reduced to 9 men in the last few minutes.

Hopefully Bale will bring a bit of inspiration with him.....after all he won all sorts of silverware with Real Madrid. Time for the "special one" and the team to step up and win a trophy this season.

I'm hopeful but realistically prepared to be underwhelmed yet again  ;D           

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Whalley scored, but Shrewsbury lost...  :'(
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

He earns in two weeks what I might have earned (based on a very crude mean calculation of my salary) in 45 years :o :'(!!!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Elliesdad

Their argument is that "yeah, but they only have a short playing career".
Footballers and entertainers in general seems to lose all sense of perspective the more money they earn.

The person who develops a cure for cancer? Sure, he/she deserves £600,000.00 per week.
Someone "just" kicking a football around? No. He may earn it, but he sure as heck doesn't deserve it.

And don't get me started on these same celebs not paying their fair share of tax.
If it is "our NHS" then we need to be making sure we pay the proper amount of tax to ensure it is rightly funded.

<<END OF RANT>>

Geoff

Ithoriel

Gareth Bale ... didn't he play Batman? ;)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Ithoriel

Does he still get 500k-600k given he's out with a knee injury for this afternoon?
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data