French Guard cavalry released!

Started by Leon, 18 September 2020, 11:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

It's been a while since we've had any new goodies for you so hopefully this long-awaited batch will cheer some of you up!  These French Guard cavalry types were sculpted many moons ago and got themselves firmly wedged in a mysterious crevice where we couldn't find them...   :-[  But with the shows all cancelled for the foreseeable we thought it was about time we caught up on some of those 'back burner' projects and get them released.

And here they are!  We've got the Guard Chasseurs a Cheval and Grenadiers a Cheval, plus Empress Dragoons and Red Lancers for good measure.  We've got some Guard infantry and artillery crews also in the pipeline but it'll be a little longer before we can get those ducks in a row.

Napoleonics
French - https://pendraken.co.uk/napoleonic/1809/french/
NPF45   Guard Chasseur a Cheval   £5.50
NPF46   Guard Grenadier a Cheval   £5.50
NPF47   Empress Dragoons   £5.50
NPF48   Red Lancers   £5.50

And the pics of course:

NPF45 - Guard Chasseur a Cheval

NPF46 - Guard Grenadier a Cheval

NPF47 - Empress Dragoons

NPF48 - Red Lancers

We've got another little release coming on Sunday, one for the cold Prussian winters of 1870...
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Steve J

Nice figures there and the 1870 news is interesting :).

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Fabulous additions.

I thought 1870 was complete, colour me interested!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Quote from: mad lemmey on 19 September 2020, 07:45:38 AM
I thought 1870 was complete, colour me interested!

Which colour of green is that !  :d :d
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Zippee

nice,
if I ever get round to wanting to field the guard.

any chance of those wurst guns :)

John Cook

The lancer will do nicely for Vistula Lancers and complement the Peninsular range. 

But, those poses.  Am I alone in not being keen on radically different poses?  For example, half the lancers with lances shouldered and half couched means that they will not all fit into the same unit.  Also, why must some cavalry be standing and others charging like a bunch of 'redskins'?   I prefer my cavalry to be uniform in appearance, standing or trotting with their weapons at the shoulder.  After all, cavalry spent most of its time waiting for something to happen.

FierceKitty

I like my lights in as many poses as possible, heavies very uniform.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Zippee

There's two poses = two units.

None of mine are mixed - same with the infantry.

The really sad thing is the bags and bags of unwanted and unneeded standard bearers  :D

Ben Waterhouse

Another number of sets on the list.... Lovely!
Arma Pacis Fulcra

paulr

Quote from: Zippee on 20 September 2020, 09:03:44 AM
There's two poses = two units.

None of mine are mixed - same with the infantry.

The really sad thing is the bags and bags of unwanted and unneeded standard bearers  :D

If you let Leon know when you order I'm sure he would be happy to leave the standard bearers out

WeeWars

Quote from: John Cook on 19 September 2020, 01:48:12 PM
I prefer my cavalry to be uniform in appearance, standing or trotting with their weapons at the shoulder.  After all, cavalry spent most of its time waiting for something to happen.

When it comes to the Imperial Guard cavalry, I completely agree. The guard cavalry at Wagram is a good example. I'd be much more excited if Tony had embraced what we see at Horse Guards gatehouse rather than sculpt variations of existing lowly line equivalents.

I've read a rumble here on the forum about the Pendraken standing horses. But standing guard light cavalry would have been my preference. I'm fine with the standing poses. In fact, I like them. As it is the Emperor better watch his back, he may get trampled by the men meant to guard him. Excitement is also muted by not seeing the classic pose of the Chasseur guarding his emperor, which has been much requested.

Anyone interested in the Peninsula will, of course, be wanting what 1809ers have been requesting for years now: Chevauxlegers Polonais. As mentioned on this forum before, then you can re-enact the famous charge to Madrid.

← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

WeeWars

Quote from: paulr on 20 September 2020, 09:05:16 PM
If you let Leon know when you order I'm sure he would be happy to leave the standard bearers out

I can't speak for Zippee but the point may be that Tony's time - which we all know is precious - has been taken up (and Pendraken's money spent on) standard bearer figures for units that never had standard bearers. For example, for British Rifles, which was requested (although not on the list I provided), Austrian Grenadiers, etc. This kind of misdirection can only be to at the cost of what is actually needed to complete ranges. My Austrian army still can't field Horse Artillery.

← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

paulr