Where is Techno?

Started by OldenBUA, 18 September 2020, 06:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunjester

This thread panicked me a bit until I'd read to the bottom. I'd thought "you step away from the forum for a day or so and god-knows-what happens!".  ;D

OldenBUA

Sorry about that, wrong choice of words there.
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

Westmarcher

It's all right, lads. Given the part of the country he's in, we can always set the balloon on him if he tries to escape.*

* as fans of The Prisoner will know.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: Westmarcher on 19 September 2020, 10:22:28 AM
It's all right, lads. Given the part of the country he's in, we can always set the balloon on him if he tries to escape.*

* as fans of The Prisoner will know.

I understood that.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

He is considerably further south than Port Merrion Westmarcher
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Hes way too far South. Below Thomas. Far beyond Ivor
He beyond Y Gwyll...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Westmarcher

We should also remember that he's met Dr Who (in Cardiff) ...... but not in this or the last century.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

I,d heard he was an extar in the very first series, as well as an advisor on the religoius acts of the cavemen represented, being a retired shaman
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Westmarcher

I've just heard that, for the first time in 10 years, Phil's local A&E has been given the rest of the weekend off.

Meanwhile, the balloon up North in Portmeirion is no longer on standby, having just heard about Techno's propensity for holding sharp objects.

mmcv

Quote from: FierceKitty on 19 September 2020, 12:36:15 PM
I am not a number, I am a free man!

He can make even the act of putting on his dressing gown appear as a gesture of defiance.

fsn

Quote from: Westmarcher on 19 September 2020, 11:46:39 AM
We should also remember that he's met Dr Who (in Cardiff) ...... but not in this or the last century.

No. They met in the 23rd century.  :-\
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

When I mention to new members of the forum that some threads are "well weird" this is the sort of thread I'm referring to. :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Ithoriel on 19 September 2020, 03:14:03 PM
When I mention to new members of the forum that some threads are "well weird" this is the sort of thread I'm referring to. :)

You've obviously just not entered it from the appropriate place in the spacetime continuum: just rotate 3 points widdershins through the z-plane and adjust for the purple drift  :-B
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

fsn

Gentlemen,

With Techno's absence, temporary I'm sure, I think we must face the fact that we are without a butt for our "jokes". I suggest we appoint an extraordinary butt, on a short term basis, with an option to extend.

I know this must seem as if I am touting for the position, but I must decline in advance. Delighted as I would be to accept the honour, I'm afraid there are better candidates.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!