Where is Techno?

Started by OldenBUA, 18 September 2020, 06:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldenBUA

18 September 2020, 06:48:57 PM Last Edit: 22 September 2020, 05:17:46 PM by Leon
So, I have got to ask. What happened? Did the forum software collapse under the weight of all his posts? Did he manage to delete his own account while pushing putty? Does anyone know?

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

Raider4

Was wondering similar. Hopefully everything's okay.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I know the reasons, all is well, he's taking a moment to breathe.
More news later.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: mad lemmey on 18 September 2020, 07:21:38 PM
More news later.

Phew, that's good news.

Got a bit worried there for a while!
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Ithoriel

Ah, yes! The secret of a long life - keep breathing :)

He certainly has enough in his life that might require a time out!

Will, if you're in touch, feel free to remind him he has my phone number, should he want to use it. I wouldn't want to intrude unnecessarily but I'm sure I speak for us all if I say we wouldn't want him to think we didn't care!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Steve J

mmcv

I'd been wondering too, hope all is well. Much love.

O Dinas Powys

Got a garbled message from Phil etched on the inside of a vintage Stella can: turns out it was all to do with that DAB malarkey!  It was the only way THEY could get his attention! 

Something about a top secret mission, as the only surviving native speaker of Elder High Enochian, to save the world - or something!

paulr

Quote from: mad lemmey on 18 September 2020, 07:21:38 PM
More news later.

That's good to hear #:-S

As others have said let him know we are thinking of him if you are in contact >:<
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

O Dinas Powys

Crivvens, this is all getting a bit dramatic!

From the man himself:
Quote from: Techno
I'm fine...Just completely cream crackered, and needing a proper break. I don't think I've had more than odd single days off in the past 10 years....and those days off have almost all been because of my back having more than its usual whinge.😉

I'm going to have a week or two completely away from pushing putty....I'll probably get bored after just one week, and then ask Leon to press a button, so I can play again.
The reason for suspending myself, was mostly to take away the temptation of constantly checking the forum.....LOL😃 That and being even MORE grumpy than I usually am.

If anyone else has asked....Feel free to copy and paste this.

So, what we actually have here a classic "the daft old bugger going down the shops, his relations turning up and finding the front door open with no-one at home, sparking a massive manhunt" scenario  #-o

Everyone step down from Defcon-2 and relax  ;)

fsn

18 September 2020, 10:21:45 PM #11 Last Edit: 18 September 2020, 10:46:19 PM by fsn
What have I missed?

:o

Crivvens! Maybe the old bugger is human after all!

Gentlemen. I think we should all rise a glass to salute Techno - colleague, friend, mentor and butt - and hope for his speedy recovery. If you have a religion, pray for him. If you don't ... well have another glass.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

OldenBUA

18 September 2020, 10:25:28 PM #12 Last Edit: 18 September 2020, 10:29:29 PM by OldenBUA
Good to hear, and a well deserved rest, I would say. And about time, from the looks of it.

Thanks for the update.

Quick update, I blame my bluddy furrenerness for the choice of words in the title here. Sorry about that.
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

Ithoriel

Quote from: O Dinas Powys on 18 September 2020, 10:06:50 PM
Crivvens, this is all getting a bit dramatic!

From the man himself:
So, what we actually have here a classic "the daft old bugger going down the shops, his relations turning up and finding the front door open with no-one at home, sparking a massive manhunt" scenario  #-o

Everyone step down from Defcon-2 and relax  ;)

Hah! Did something like that myself last Saturday.

Tesco grocery delivery saw me at an open front door with hands full of plastic bags. Flipped the door shut with my ample behind, or so I thought, and wandered off to the kitchen to put stuff away, dropping a couple of things from an overfull bag on the hall floor.

Meantime, door had swung partly open. My upstairs neighbour's four year old daughter spotted this and got her Mum. She called out to me but got no answer because I was in the kitchen with the radio going and a tap running.

She was just deciding whether to call the police or get another neighbour to help her investigate whether I was still breathing when I strolled out of the living room looking for the dropped items, large as life and twice as ugly!

Much relief all round :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

paulr

Well done that four year old =D> =D> =D> =D>

Good to have neighbours that care enough to check :-bd
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!