Warband Barbarians!

Started by Leon, 14 September 2020, 11:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

We've got Cornish Mikey working his way through all of our Fantasy ranges and first up is the Barbarians!  We've gone with full bases of figures for these ranges and Mikey's done great work on them.  Next up will be some Dark Elves I think...

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Battleback

Those look awesome! Don't be surprised if my next order includes a Warband book 😉

Just curious, are they any planned expansions for Warband or using the ruleset for historical periods?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd =D>

A great range of figures well painted :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

pierre the shy

They look really good...... love the mammoths  :)
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

Steve J

Techno

Excellent job by Cornish Mikey. :-bd

Quote from: Battleback on 15 September 2020, 12:08:58 AM
Just curious, are they any planned expansions for Warband or using the ruleset for historical periods?

I'm sure Leon will confirm what's in the pipeline for Warband......But I've got three new ranges on my desk, at the mo', including the Amazons and 'Rats'....So I guess they'll need some 'rules'. ;)

I believe there are thoughts about doing some Warband 'historical rules'. :-\

Cheers - Phil

mmcv

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

The historical rules sound good - I'd be happy to assist.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Superb, really well painted.
"Dive my hawkmen, DIIIVE!"
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Battleback

Quote from: Techno on 15 September 2020, 08:06:39 AM
Excellent job by Cornish Mikey. :-bd

I'm sure Leon will confirm what's in the pipeline for Warband......But I've got three new ranges on my desk, at the mo', including the Amazons and 'Rats'....So I guess they'll need some 'rules'. ;)

I believe there are thoughts about doing some Warband 'historical rules'. :-\

Cheers - Phil
That sounds encouraging, I look forward to seeing the new models 😎

I hope Leon decides to expand the rules into historical periods as well. I haven't played the rules yet but what I saw from Justin Borges videos on YouTube, I think they will fit my tastes perfectly.

Leon

Quote from: Battleback on 15 September 2020, 04:06:40 PM
I hope Leon decides to expand the rules into historical periods as well. I haven't played the rules yet but what I saw from Justin Borges videos on YouTube, I think they will fit my tastes perfectly.

The Warband rules are actually owned by Steve Hardy and just licensed to us, so it would depend on what Steve wants to do.  I know he'd spoken about it in the past but I'm not sure where he is with it.

As Techno says we've got some new ranges coming for Amazons and Ratmen, plus a load of new Monsters as well.  The first batches of monsters should be released before the end of the year.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Battleback

Quote from: Leon on 15 September 2020, 04:13:34 PM
The Warband rules are actually owned by Steve Hardy and just licensed to us, so it would depend on what Steve wants to do.  I know he'd spoken about it in the past but I'm not sure where he is with it.

As Techno says we've got some new ranges coming for Amazons and Ratmen, plus a load of new Monsters as well.  The first batches of monsters should be released before the end of the year.
That sounds great Leon, it's going to be hard for me not to jump into Warband, the models look amazing and like I said before the rules look fun as well.

Thanks for clearing up who owns the Warband Rules. I hope Steve pursues using them for historicals as well, from what I've seen I think they'll work pretty slick for lots of periods.

Mesius

Outstanding work. They are superb.