Operation Sealion Game 2

Started by Steve J, 13 September 2020, 06:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

I got a surprise seeing a small scorpion in my bath during first year in Nigeria. Easy to get rid of but still, not what one is used to! Seeing snakes was nice, until you remember they are lethal and can 'run' almost as fast as you when flat out :o.

Big Insect

Quote from: John Cook on 19 September 2020, 12:35:05 AM
In the olden days when Donald Featherstone's books and rule were about all there was, this sort of thing was achieved by hanging a sheet across the table as the armies were set up.  Not vert pretty but quite effective.  I am bound to mention, too, that computer moderated rules simulate weather and going.

I played/still occasionally play - an ancients set of table top rules called Armati that requires a set up screen - we use portable card screens at competition events and it certainly attracts interest.
It does make you think but occasionally it results in a very short game!
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Steve J

With the screen I find I really try and achieve historical deployments, especially with regards the deployment of artillery. Anything else can lead to disaster!