More 10mm random WW2 stuff

Started by Kiwidave, 12 September 2020, 04:40:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiwidave

First up: Pendraken 81mm mortar in a Timecast gunpit

Colour is a bit washed out as I'm still figuring out how to get good pictures on my phone.

Kiwidave

Next: an over-exposed SdKfz251-2 (Arrowhead vehicle/Pendraken crew)

Bit disappoinrted about the outline of the decals. Next time I'll try out the Humbrol Decalfix I bough after finishing these.

Kiwidave

Third: Arrowhead PzKpfw IV H/Js

These were 'finished' years ago, but I've now added the side skirts.

Kiwidave

Lastly: Grilles (Minifigs on the right/Pendraken on the left. with Minifigs and Pednraken artillery crew)

A good example of different manufactures having different sizes for 10mm. I fairly certain these are both the Grille H variant.

I prefer the Pendraken one. but it does look a bit flat.

fred.

Nice work. I'm not sure those are meant to be the same model, I think the PD one is the Grille H, but I think the MF one might be meant to be the K?
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Very nice indeed, Dave. :-bd

Cheers - Phil. :)

Kiwidave

Quote from: fred. on 12 September 2020, 08:07:16 PM
Nice work. I'm not sure those are meant to be the same model, I think the PD one is the Grille H, but I think the MF one might be meant to be the K?

I think you're right. I had a look at some pictures of both variants, and the Minifigs one is more like the K. I think the superstructure ought to be further back though.

However, they are both the same in BKC terms :D

OldenBUA

13 September 2020, 08:42:49 AM #10 Last Edit: 13 September 2020, 08:44:22 AM by OldenBUA
Quote from: Kiwidave on 12 September 2020, 04:52:32 PM
Lastly: Grilles (Minifigs on the right/Pendraken on the left. with Minifigs and Pednraken artillery crew)
I prefer the Pendraken one. but it does look a bit flat.

I think these are the other way around? Minifigs left and Pendraken right? Unless you swapped the crew around on them?

Good work on those, I like the dusty and battered look of them.
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

Kiwidave

Quote from: OldenBUA on 13 September 2020, 08:42:49 AM
I think these are the other way around? Minifigs left and Pendraken right? Unless you swapped the crew around on them?

Yep - blame it on me having a senior moment....  :-[

3 of the four crew are Minifigs (I think) with one of them starting life in the infantry, but had his weapon removed and replaced with a shell casing :)

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

steve_holmes_11