AT-3 Sagger in 10 or 12 mm?

Started by Dr Dave, 30 January 2018, 10:50:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Dave

Despite the proliferation of ranges for CWC era games  I can't seem to find a dismounted infantry Sagger.

Any ideas?

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

QRF ?  And the Plastic Soldier Soviet Inf - but that is also a whole rifle company.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Dr Dave

But that's all 15mm  :(

Anything in 10 or 12 mm?

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Dr Dave

Red3 miniatures now make one in 10mm!  :D

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Dr Dave

Nope - Timecast make the AT4 Spigot. It seems as though Red3 are the only ones to make the AT3 "suitcase" Sagger. It's a very nice model.

flamingpig0

Quote from: Dr Dave on 19 July 2019, 12:21:09 PM
Red3 miniatures now make one in 10mm!  :D

Sorry to resurrect this thread - but how do the Red3 models compare size wise to Pendraken? I have an urgent need for suitcase Saggers.
"I like coffee exceedingly..."
 H.P. Lovecraft

"We don't want your stupid tanks!" 
Salah Askar,

My six degrees of separation includes Osama Bin Laden, Hitler, and Wendy James

Sunray

Quote from: flamingpig0 on 09 June 2020, 08:33:43 AM
Sorry to resurrect this thread - but how do the Red3 models compare size wise to Pendraken? I have an urgent need for suitcase Saggers.

They look like they are on steroids when next to Pendraken. Also in what I would call the naïve style - the characteristics  are exaggerated and there are no tucks or folds in the uniform. The heads can be Dixonesque. (Anyone remember Dixon ?) However men don't come in uniform sizes, so I have dispersed a few Red3 amongst my Minifig Egyptians.   Red 3 figures are designed to be "representative" as opposed to  the proportionate animated  miniature figures that Techno  sculpts.   Gamers have a choice as to which style they want on their tables.

Red 3 kit and vehicles are compatible with Pendraken  if you don't mind killing the 3 D //// grain with thick primer - the AAA plugs some very useful gaps.  I especially like the ZU23 -2 which is a popular "technical in bush wars".   The Red 3  Brits infantry will fit well with the bigger Timecast Cold War figures

Rumour Control have heard whispers that Yom Kippur War infantry may be storming their way to the top of the Pendraken request pile.  But the stars are not quite in alignment yet.  :) 

Sunray

If you want to keep the "uniformity" of Pendraken figures, then take Red3 Sagger (30 pence each) and apply craft razor knife and Superglue.  I made my own ATGM  out of 1/144 aircraft missiles until commercial models of the weapon appeared.

My Cold War Pendraken Brits (Falkland range) have "acquired "  120mm WOMBAT from the same source and method.   :)