Hello from Denmark!

Started by Lord Basse, 08 September 2020, 07:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Basse

Hello everyone!

My name is Jakob, but to you I shall be known as Lord Basse. My first Pendraken minis were the Warband Dwarfs, but recently I have moved towards historical wargaming. A friend and I are playing Black Powder v. 2 with focus on the 100 days. I am playing the French and my friend commands the British and allies.

I am looking forward to posting pictures on this forum of our miniatures from Pendraken and maybe post a battle report every now and then.

T13A

Hi Lord Basse/Jacob

Welcome to the forum.

Big fan of Denmark here! Where in Denmark are you? I used to go there a lot as I had an aunt who married a Dane in the early 1960's and lived in Esbjerg; we visited quite often. I also used to travel up when I was in Germany in the 1970's. Many fond memories including sailing around the islands and visiting Sonderberg, berthing right next to the castle and visiting the Dybbol battlefield.

Cheers Paul
T13A Out!

Ithoriel

Welcome Jakob!

The Pendraken forum is home to a well read, well informed, well intentioned, welcoming but often well weird group of people!

As a bunch we like photos and battle reports.

Threads here have more derailments than Amtrak. If you ask a question and the thread veers off at a tangent a gentle reminder will usually get it back on track ... for a while at least! :)

Hope you enjoy your time here.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

jimduncanuk

Danish?

Bacon, yummmm.

Pity I'm not allowed to eat it now.
My Ego forbids a signature.

paulr

Welcome Lord Basse :-h

Looking forward to seeing your pictures and battle reports
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Lord Basse

Thanks for all the kind welcomes!

I'm located on Zealand near Copenhagen :)

mmcv

Welcome! Looking forward to seeing your miniatures and battle reports!

Leon

Hi Jakob, welcome to the Forum!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

Welcome from me, as well, Jakob. :-h

Cheers - Phil

Scorpio_Rocks

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.

fsn

Greetings, Lord Basse.

Perhaps we can put some pressure on Pendraken to get some Scandinavian Napoleonics?

Love to see photos of your progress.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!