Figures for UK Dark Ages armies.

Started by GridGame, 07 September 2020, 10:21:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

I use a handful as medievals and a few Alans. They're painfully few, but lovely sculpts that go well with Pendrakens too.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

fred.

Quote from: FierceKitty on 15 September 2020, 02:23:31 AM
I think we should write a massed petition to Copplestone asking for more 10mm.

This has been asked on LAF. It seems very unlikely. Which is a shame as they are some great figures.

I don't think the Copplestone figures are designed to go with the BoFA game. The BoFA figures are pretty small - the copplestone ones are fairly typical 10mm size.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Raider4

Quote from: fred. on 15 September 2020, 06:26:57 PM
I don't think the Copplestone figures are designed to go with the BoFA game.

Hmmm . . . You don't think the Horse Tribe figures are Rohan? The City humans are Gondor? Does the makeup of the Heroes & Halflings pack remind you of any particular expedition rather famous in the fantasy genre?

Image presumably copyright of Copplestone Castings

fred.

Yes, the figures are clearly for Lord of the Rings gaming. I just don't think they are particularly to go with the GW BoFA game.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Sunray

Right.  I hereby give warning that I am going to break Forum protocol in terms of hijacking a thread. 

But only in a "very specific and limited way", as is now the practice in our Mother of Parliaments, so it must be OK?

I was surfing the Copplestone site, and clicked on the "Future wars range" .  Loved the civilians and the military sub ranges.

Some years ago - on the recommendation of Grumpy Old Man (Victor to his friends), I purchased the Drop Zone Commander Ruinscape.  Its an instant coffee urban highrise landscape.  Lots of fun from Stalingrad via Budapest to Third World Capitals.  Not to mention Si-Fi

Would there be demand for a small range of late 21st century style figures that would be of the Future wars genre, and compliment the Zombie range?
Sweet work by Techno!  His sculpts are good enough to depict character figures in 10mm.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

You just broke thew major rule - ypu were nice to Phil !
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Sunray

Techno

Quote from: ianrs54 on 16 September 2020, 12:29:50 PM
You just broke thew major rule - ypu were nice to Phil !

'Bout time someone was.

Cheers - Phil  ;)

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

Quote from: ianrs54 on 16 September 2020, 04:26:14 PM
You have a bias here Lewis  ;)

Who me ?......Damn sauce !  ;)

'Ere......What 'age' are Goths/Visigoths ?

I made some of those about three years ago.....
Leon could have those.....But three figures aren't going to make a range.

I made a whole load of figures for firm 'X'...which I got paid for...then made the mistake of making a lot of others, which I knew were 'in the pipeline', to get in front of myself.

They'll be sitting gathering dust forever now. :( =)

Cheers - Phil (Hey, Ho  ;))

Ithoriel

The Goths were enemies of the Later Roman Empire from the last quarter of the 4th century CE to around the middle of the 5th. They are broadly split in two sub-parts, the Ostrogoths (East Goths) and Visigoths (West Goths). The Visigoths wound up ruling Spain until displaced by the Arab conquest.

Ostrogoth armies tended to be cavalry with spears/ lances/ javelins and infantry archers while Visigoth armies tend to have spear armed foot. both would have units of noble cavalry.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Sunray

Quote from: Sunray on 16 September 2020, 11:31:47 AM
Right.  I hereby give warning that I am going to break Forum protocol in terms of hijacking a thread. 

But only in a "very specific and limited way", as is now the practice in our Mother of Parliaments, so it must be OK?

I was surfing the Copplestone site, and clicked on the "Future wars range" .  Loved the civilians and the military sub ranges.

Some years ago - on the recommendation of Grumpy Old Man (Victor to his friends), I purchased the Drop Zone Commander Ruinscape.  Its an instant coffee urban highrise landscape.  Lots of fun from Stalingrad via Budapest to Third World Capitals.  Not to mention Si-Fi

Would there be demand for a small range of late 21st century style figures that would be of the Future wars genre, and compliment the Zombie range?
Sweet work by Techno!  His sculpts are good enough to depict character figures in 10mm.

I don't believe it!!!  My hi-jack was.......hi-jacked !! :o 

paulr

Quote from: Sunray on 16 September 2020, 11:31:47 AM

:o :o :-/ :-/
I thought hijacking a thread was the rule ;D
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Sunray